Chapter 1 - The beginning

(Hello! Thank you so much for clicking to read my story! If you'd like updates on this story and others, please go to PrettyLittleTroian.Blogspot.com where you can find updates on all my posts and upcoming posts! Thank you everyone!)

Dear diary, August 22nd

Sometimes I hate my mum

16 hours ago

"Morning, Honey! We can't have our special girl missing the first day back at school!" My mum shouts as she enters my room; without knocking. She then proceeds to open the curtains and blind me with the sun shining straight in my eyes. Sometimes I regret the position of my bed...

"MUM!"I shout, I hate when she does this to me. Every time it's a new school year she comes into my room at 5:30 to wake me up. School doesn't start 'til 8. I don't really understand the point of waking up two and a half hours early, but each to their own.

"Seriously Mum? Every single year you do this to me! Why? What's so important about the first day of school?" I say, slamming a pillow over my face afterwards. It's too early for this. 

"Honey, you know how important this day is for us. We need you looking perfect so that the new kids get a good impression!" I think she said. Although I couldn't really hear as it sounded muffled through the pillow over my face. Ah yes, that 'p' word again...

"Go away mum, I'll get up in half an hour" I answer, not caring what she does next. Nothing is getting me out of this bed. 

"No Avery, You need to get up, everything must be perfect."And again, the 'p' word; Perfect. The word my family treasures, something they don't even think twice about. Everything has to be perfect.

"Mum, if you want me to get out of bed so badly then leave, I need to get dressed." I say, actually planning on going back to sleep, but she doesn't know that.

"Fine... You've got 20 minutes until I expect you at the breakfast table. I'm making your favourite, so don't miss it because you know there won't be anything left if you're slow."

I grunt, "Okay fine..." I reply snaringly to my Mum, and hear her leave the room. I decide that if I don't get up now I'll miss breakfast, so I get up anyway, and pick out my favourite floral dress to put on, with a denim jacket and combat boots. 'My hair is so ugly' I think to myself, before pulling out the curling iron and begin to wave it around the wand. It was already curly, but this makes it neater.

"Lissa, I know you've been planning this for months and I'm sorry he's gone," I hear my mother say as I reach the top of the staircase. I pause to think for a moment, could my sister and her boyfriend have broken up? Melissa is my older and more perfect sister, she lives for it, and so did her boyfriend Cole; I thought they were perfect for each other... until now.

I slowly went downstairs hoping that they wouldn't hear me straight away, but Melissa saw me coming, and started her usual rant at me. I get this every morning.

"Avery! Why did you use all the bath fizz bar last night! I wanted to use the last of it!" Melissa shouted, slamming her mug down on the counter, spilling some coffee. Truth be told I did use the bath fizz, but why she's so worked up gets me every time.

"Um, that bath fizz wasn't yours, I got it for my birthday," I told her. This was true, it was mine. And considering my birthday was nearly a year ago, I didn't think either of us used it very often...

"Oh come on Avery, You always do this to me! You knew I wanted to use it so you decided you would just so I couldn't!" Melissa shouted, staring me straight in the face. I don't think my sister realised I wouldn't go to that amount of trouble, I didn't care about annoying her that much.