His Last Breath

Shoto looked as if he had just seen a tea kettle. His eyes were wide with horror and he quickly stood up and backed away. He looked from Izuku to his brother and then he looked up at a ladder. Quickly, he jumped up and started climbing. Words were yelled from Izuku but soon, Dabi was pushing Izuku up the ladder.

   With a glance over his shoulder, Shoto watched as Izuku and Dabi struggled to climb up. Shoto had iced the bars of the ladder, buying himself some time once he got to the top. He didn't really need much time but he ran across the building top and stopped when he stood on the edge. Suddenly, Shoto felt something jerk around in his stomach. He flinched, losing all of his emotion for a second. He then regained his emotions and a voice rang out, but it was hard to concentrate on.

   "Shoto, don't do it! Don't do it!" Izuku screamed. He ran across the roof but stopped short of Shoto. Dabi pulled out his phone and quickly called Hawks, knowing the male would alert others and come as fast as he could. He could save Shoto if Shoto fell. Or that's what Dabi believed.

   "Shoto, don't do it! You're a hero! You can't give up!" Dabi yelled, right after he heard Hawks speak into the phone.

   "You lied to me." Shoto breathed out, looking at Izuku.

   "I lied? What did I lie about? We can talk, Shoto. Talk to me." Izuku begged.

   "You said you loved me."

   "Shoto—"

   "You said you loved me and I felt happy! I actually felt like I was something!" Shoto screamed. Dabi quickly whispered the address and Shoto looked at him. He glanced around for approaching heroes, knowing once he saw any one of them, he would be doomed.

   "Shoto, I do love you! She kissed me, I didn't want that. I'm gay, I've been gay!"

   "Stop lying! I can see it in your eyes! You're always hanging out with her, you're blushing, you even let her be your partner!" Shoto choked out. He wiped his cheeks and Dabi blinked at the situation.

   "You're gay?" Dabi asked his brother.

   "It doesn't matter anymore. I can't love, I'll just end up getting hurt." Shoto whispered.

   Shoto took a step back and Dabi yelled at him to stop. He told Hawks to hurry up and Dabi stepped forward, trying his best to comfort Shoto. Shoto wasn't listening anymore and he stepped back again, looking directly at Dabi.

   "I'm going to miss you."

   "Shoto—"

   "It's not your fault." Shoto told Izuku. He then leaned backwards and Izuku screamed at him, running forward. Dabi dropped his phone and tried to grab Izuku but he tripped and Izuku and Dabi both flew off the building, screaming and holding each other.

   Shoto felt another pain in his chest snd everything blurred as he fell. He felt cold and another voice screamed at him. Izuku and Dabi tried to narrow their speed to grab Shoto but before Shoto could do anything, everything went blurry and fuzzy and his ears rang.

   "Shoto!"

   "Uh?" Shoto breathed out softly, blinking. There were flashing lights everywhere and Izuku and Dabi were looking down at his face. Izuku was sobbing and Dabi looked too shocked, his mouth slightly opened and his face pale.

   "Shoto, please...please don't die." Izuku whispered, tears running down his cheeks.

   "What...happened?" Shoto asked. There was a gentle feeling in his stomach. The pains and voices were gone.

   "Please, keep your eyes open." Izuku pleaded, grabbing Shoto's hand and then his cheek.

   Shoto heard voices approaching him and people sounded panicked. His ears rang and then adjusted and his vision blurred for a quick second before a smile slowly spread across Shoto's lips. He adjusted his smile towards Izuku who seemed to have the better grasp on the situation. Shoto knew he was goung to die and he realized what had just happened.

   "Izu...I-I watched my life...my life played out...these last days."

   "Shoto, don't say that. You're not going to die. Please, I need you— your family needs you—" Izuku choked up.

   "Shoto, you can't—" Dabi started up. He lost his sense and all he could do was stare in shock.

   "I feel happy." Shoto whispered, smiling up blankly at the sky.

   "You can't die! You can't die, you can't leave me! You can't leave your family, your friends! I love you, we love you, do you hear me?" Izuku screamed, grabbing Shoto's face.

   "I love you too. I can't be...happy in this world though. I'll...kiss you in the clouds...in Heaven...I'll wait. I'll wait as long...as long as you...need. I'll be right here...right by both...both sides." Shoto panted out. His eyes started to close and his breath became harder to fight.

   "Shoto!" Izuku screamed when Shoto closed his eyes. His hand relaxed and his chest stopped moving up and down.

   Dabi felt sick and he held his mouth before he quickly crawled away and threw up. He was shaking but grew distracted when he felt something wet on his cheeks. He wiped it away quickly and realized it was blood. He was crying?

   Izuku sobbed into Shoto's chest and didn't back away, having to be pulled away by heroes. Izuku tried to fight his way back and the police tackled Dabi, not giving him a chance to help his own situation. Izuku continued to cry and he tried to get to Shoto and Dabi, finally breaking free and running to Dabi. He grabbed him around the stomach and cried into his chest.

   "No heartbeat! Starting CPR!" Hawks called out. He began the process and Dabi looked down in pure horror and shock as Izuku sobbed into his chest. Dabi couldn't fully understand what was all happening. With the little sense he could pick up, he wrapped his arms around Izuku and put one hand into his hair, realizing the hug was making him cry harder but feel better.

   The police shoved Dabi and Izuku to the ground and Enji ran forward, stopping behind Mirko. He saw Shoto laying on the ground and he instantly fell to his knees, seeing the blood laying around his head. Paramedics started running to Hawks and Shoto but before they could get to him, Hawks lifted his head.

   "Heartbeat! Heartbeat! He's breathing!"