Chapter 4

The weekend was spent at the comfort of his penthouse apartment. When Monday arrived, Jungkook had once again thrown himself into work forgetting about the world around him.

He wasn’t a workaholic per se, but he was very much disciplined and punctual about his work. It was no wonder why he had risen to become a CFO of a multinational company at such a young age.

Though with the rise in position came great responsibility, he was also vested with some freedom and relaxation in the work environment. But, he never took such things for granted and closely monitored everything himself.

He had received a few questioning stares and some whispers when he had entered the building that morning.

However, that did not deter him. He just tended to ignore such office gossip.

Come lunch, he was once again under an interrogation by Jin.

Coupled with the stress from work and the older’s questioning, Jungkook had again let his anger take control as a few choice words rolled out off his tongue.

He did not mean to shout at Jin and he immediately regretted doing so.

But once the words were out, he could never take them back.

Anger was a curse to Jungkook and he always let it get the best of him.

He had tried.

Tried all the methods his therapist suggested, did meditate, counted to ten in his head, but it was never easy for him.

Over the years, there was definitely a great improvement, his stoic and dead personality had changed a lot as he surrounded himself with people who became close friends , more so like brothers to him.

Nevertheless, his old habits showed up from time to time.

A week went by with work, going to the gym, eating take out and flopping on the bed as soon as he entered the penthouse.

Kicking off his shoes aside, Jungkook headed straight to his ever pristine kitchen to take a bottle from the fridge and gulp some much needed water.

Once he was satisfied, he walked to his room and into the shower, to get cleaned from the sweat and dirt that stuck to him during the course of his morning run.

Humming a soft tune, he stepped off the shower cubicle and wrapped a towel around his waist.

Toweling his wet hair, he ran his hands through it ; feeling them all silky and soft , just how he liked it to be. But they were growing long. The raven strands of hair now flopped over his eyes and covered his neck.

He needed to get  a cut soon he observed as his fingers pulled and tugged at the length of the strands.

“I don’t know anyone who’d look more good than you with long hair”, the older brunette had murmured his appreciation .The long, slender fingers running through the younger’s hair and playing with it, had him sigh out and relax to the touch.

The feeling of utter comfort and peace, had the ravenette floating between the two worlds of bliss and consciousness.
Keeping his eyes from fluttering shut when a gentle hand caressed him and the soft cushion of the elder’s thigh as his pillow was absolutely a challenge to Jungkook who was trying hard to fight against it.

He was supposed to be watching a movie with his friends, but his mind drifted in various directions not allowing him to concentrate.

Jimin and his boyfriend Yoongi, were occupying the love seat, while Jin had taken up the comfortable recliner leaving Jungkook to sit with Taehyung on the couch.