Chapter Two

(TW Themes of Abuse, Manipulation,

(Virgil's POV)

"Virgil!" Janus said, slightly startling me as he slipped his arm around my waist. I bit my lip slightly.

"How's my Sweet Raven?" He loved that nickname, I'm the only one he gives little pet names too.

"Fine." He leaned in to give me a kiss on my cheek as he always did. I lazily scrunched my face in disgust.

"How was Asa?" Janus asked, using his free hand to examine my bandages. "He's good. He's starting to get worried about my medication."

He sighed, "Virgil, Dear. I told you to tell him you didn't need it."

"I did."

"Then why bring it up at all?" Janus removed his hand and moved over to my older tea set. Tea never had enough Caffeine to effect me while I still got a nice flavored drink.

"I honestly don't believe you need to see him anymore at all." My breath hitched in my throat. When I finally got my barrings I spoke up, "Well, he helps me with more than just medication."

"Yes, I assumed you didn't dress that wound by yourself, however, if anyone finds out what goes on between you and me..." Janus sighed, "Do you understand what I mean, Turtle Dove?" He didn't look at me.

"I won't tell him, I've been pretty good at it recently."

"And what be happens when you're not good at it anymore?!" He shouts slamming his fists on the rolling tea tray, some of the tea elements clinking together.

I stayed silent. Big Mistake. He pushed the tea tray over as it crashes loudly chipping and breaking many of the pieces. I quickly rush to save what was left of such an important tea set when Janus grabs hold of my shirt making me yipe in fear.

"What happens, Virgil?! What happens when you get enough of me and blame everything on me?! You did this to yourself, Virgil! You made me do this!"

He drops me and I land onto my knees. I quickly scoot over to ths tea set finding the pieces that match the others.

Janus sighs before storming to the door. "If I catch you near him again...his blood is going to be on your hands."

He quickly slams my door behind him.

Asa, I need you...