« 01 »

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
"You'll see me in hindsight, tangled up with you all night, burnin' it down"

It's freezing in the woods at a misty dusk, he could feel the coldness through his throat as he breathes in and out through his mouth that emits fog whilst running. He's running, not for his life, but for hers. To save her. He's scared but he couldn't seem to figure out what's after them. Nevertheless, he carry on... for her, because he doesn't want to give up— not now. He's been running for so long finding her, not wanting to get out of this place without her with him.

Cold sweats prickling down his temples and despite the temperature, he's covered with only a thin material of clothing without a coat- without anything with him. Heart hammering in his chest rapidly that it began hurting, trying to stabilize his breathing but couldn't as he chose not to stop and his chest felt like it's being squeezed.

So many thoughts, so many questions clogging up his mind and it was torturing him more than how his whole body struggles to continue. This is too much, he couldn't handle it— his own demons in his mind are getting out of hand. But all of a sudden what he saw after he blinked made him stop, for the first time. He finally saw her, he in fact is watching her but why can't she see him too? She's running too, she wouldn't stop even though he's just there near her. He called for her multiple times but would end up getting ignored.

What is wrong with her? Is she being a brat again? Is she upset with me for coming late?

He thought.

He couldn't discern what's the difference and how it started but it all became surreal to him. It was as if he's in a sort of detachment from his surroundings, it was unsettling how the feeling of observing himself outside his own body occurred after running. Everything went in a slow motion, he can even watch her expressions of fear and tears pour out as she continuously run. He wants to get out, he felt trapped in a glass wall that separates her who he was looking for, his own body that stood there still, and everything else.

He wanted to shout and shout for her name and hug her to protect her from any harm that lingers in the dark. However, his world stopped and everything seemed to crash down on his shoulders when the lass was came to an abrupt halt when she clashed onto somebody's chest— clearly taller than she was. When he slowly observed the guy's features, he realized he hadn't met him before and neither does she.

He knows her friends and never once did she introduce this guy to them... to him.

The guy who she bumped into with soothes her back up and down, hushing her cries as she nuzzles her face further into his chest.

He can see them two up close but still feels far away.

"Shh... it's alright, baby. I'm here."

He was relieved the guy wasn't an enemy and that she now feels safe in somebody's arms. But it hurts at the same time thinking it should've been him if only he wasn't too late for him to reach to her.

Swarming of flying black silhouettes erupted from the top of the trees, from the sky, from the dark, from nowhere. He tried to warn them but they couldn't hear him. He worries too much for her that he forgot about himself— or he just really didn't think that he could also be in possible danger until these black figures started dragging him backwards with them as some of the black figures started approaching the two. A red-orangish bright light flashed before his sight before he was completely engulfed into the dark abyss.