Seven

'There's a Bust!' Bailey yelled the next afternoon as she hung up the phone, standing up and hitting the red button on her desk which sounded the fire alarm in the building and there was a sudden commotion from the top floor.

It was their first call in a while and the first one for Bailey to take and the four women came barrelling down the stairs, all running to their lockers. They all pulled on their suits and zipped up their boots, Patty running to the garage followed by Erin and Abby. Holtzmann detoured back to Bailey's desk, planting a firm kiss on the receptionist's lips as she ran to catch up with the others.

The siren was blaring on the Ecto and it sped through the streets, Patty gunning it to the other side of the city, following the map Bailey had sent straight through to all their phones.

'It's a class four,' Abby said, as the information came through thick and fast to her phone, 'male, potentially dangerous, abandoned clothing factory.' Holtzmann nodded, turning around in the back seat, leaning into the trunk and flicking on all the proton packs.

'It's been a while,' Erin excitedly from her seat in the back, Abby turning to her from the front.

'It sure has been.'

The four sat in silence except for the occasional bit of information that Abby would read out from her phone, and as they approached the building Patty slowed down, the Ecto rolling to a stop.

'This it?' Holtz asked, looking through the window at the derelict building.

'Must be,' Erin replied, turning to look at her and then to Patty as the woman nodded.

They all exited the car, Holtzmann and Patty walking to the back, pulling out all the packs.

'Seems quiet,' Abby murmured as they all walked towards the building. There didn't seem to be anyone around and they cautiously surrounded the entrance. The door was open, and it was dark inside, and Abby looked down to the PKE Meter that was strapped to her belt, and she switched it on.

'Who called this in?' Erin asked, as Patty scrolled through Bailey's information, shaking her head.

'It doesn't say.'

They wandered around the outside of the building, adjusting their packs and looking through windows, the building itself was empty and there didn't seem to be any sign of anyone. The door was open because it didn't have any way of being closed and it looked like squatters had lived there in the past but there was nothing that made it look utilised now.

'This doesn't seem right,' Erin said quietly, looking over at Abby.

'I'm calling Bailey,' Holtzmann said as she stepped back a little pulling out her phone. The others stood looking around, hovering at the entrance, and Abby went and stood in the open doorway, hoping someone or even some thing would show up.

___________

Back at the firehouse Bailey was away from her desk and walking to the front door.
There was a knock again and she mumbled to herself, just a minute.

She paused as she heard her cell ringing on her desk and she sighed as she quickly ran to the door and opened it.

The man from her troupe was standing there, and as she realised who it was she began to close the door with a gasp, but he barged his way in, Bailey almost falling to the floor with the force.

'Bailey, Bailey, Bailey,' he said as he closed the door behind him, catching the woman by her wrist as she turned to run to her desk.

Her phone was still ringing and she tried to pull away, tugging at his grip with her other hand.