An Eternity of Misery

AN ETERNITY OF MISERY
A Klaus Mikaelson Story
(c)Aly Marie 2022

________________________________________________________________________________

Summary: Klaus Mikaelson had once been in love with Aila Bjornsson, but just over a hundred years after their transformation, she was killed by Mikael. Klaus was devastated and it was that act that truly spiraled him down into the life he is now living. Instead of making him weak like Mikael planned it, it just made him that much more desperate to fight and become the strongest man he could be.

When 2009 Mystic Falls rolls around, he is a completely different man than the one that once loved Aila. He's never forgotten about her, but he knows that she is no longer the foremost thing on his mind. At least, that is, until he meets Arlie Gilbert, older twin sister of Elena...and an exact match for his Aila. While he knows she can't be a doppelgänger, it isn't clear exactly what she is. Is it a coincidence? Is it a cruel trick of fate? Or is she his Aila come back to him?

Only time will tell, as Klaus finds himself on the opposite side of his war from her, despite the fact that he finds himself drawn to Arlie and wants to find out how she's connected to Aila. And how, exactly, she has much more power than she seems to be letting on, or even seems to know about.

________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: I do not own The Vampire Diaries or any of its characters. I am not associated with anyone who worked on The Vampire Diaries or any of the actors. I am not associated with the writer or publishers of The Vampire Diaries books. I do not make any money writing this story. If you recognize it (characters, dialogue, etc) I do not own it. If you don't recognize it (Arlie/Aila), then I do own it.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Notes:

- Previously published by myself on both fanfiction(dot)net and AO3 under different usernames. 
- No flames in the comments, please, but constructive criticism is welcomed.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Content Warnings: Angst, fire, death, blood, violence, language