frogs

I recently turned 17, 17 dreadful years on this planet we call earth. When you become older colours become more dull, you see people as the creatures they really are and how enclosed some people become from others such as myself. Some people would call me paranoid for thinking this way and say that I need help , but honestly I think im just realistic. I mean there are so many bad things that are happening and society just seems to just roll it underneath the carpet and forgot about it , such as pollution , war, climate change, famine and the most famous one, the rich becoming richer and the poorer becoming poorer. The worst about it all is that not enough are doing something about it.

I was so lost that I hadn't noticed I crashed into something hard. I made a quiet "oomph" sound and looked up with alarmed eyes to what or who I walked into. It was a guy I had none for some time called hunter. He was tanned and had wavy black hair that fell to just underneath his chin and had strong brown eyes. "Are you okay Ava?" He replied while his hand outstretched towards me. I smiled politely back and replied " I'm okay , are you okay? I hope I didn't hurt you when I walked into you" while taking his offer to be pulled up. "Oh I'm fine , takes a lot more than that to hurt me" he laughed wholeheartedly. We weren't friends more of acquaintances I was just friendly with him since he was a regular at the shop and we make small talk from time to time. All together he was a nice guy ,but the group he hung round with were the complete opposites. They were assholes , parden my French.

"Heyyyy look who it is! It's froggy!! Haha!!" Screamed a voice from behind me. I closed my eyes in annoyance wishing that I could just disappear so I wouldn't have to deal with them. Hunter looked at me guiltily as if he wanted to help me but couldn't. I took a deep breath it and turned to the source of that annoying voice. I was right it was them.
"What do you want now guys ?" I asked tiredly just wanting to get it over with. " we just wanna know how you doing , afterall we are friends right froggy?" One of them squealed trying to hold their laughter in as if they were going to explode at any second.

"Yeah I'm doing great " I replied sarcastically . " now if you'll excuse me I must me on my way" I said why trying to move past them. " woah, woah! We're you going !? We were just starting to have fun! Hahaha!" One of them bellowed loudly as I was finally able to pass them and continue my way home. The reason they called me froggy was because last year I saved a frog from being ran over. Sounds simple but there is more to it. I didn't know what to do with it , so with my incredible mind I decided to take it with me to school in hopes of maybe someone knowing how to help it (I am a huge animal lover except for bugs , there's a limit).
As soon as I stepped into school everyone started to laugh at me for bringing a frog with me to school , gradually the name froggy stuck. I know to all of you it may sound stupid but these are a bunch of teenagers that have nothing else to do with their lives and cure their boredom with making fun of others to make themselves feel better.

It took me another 15 minutes until I reached the shop that was my warm, little home. It wasn't that busy since it was late in the afternoon so I decided to find where my mother was since she always seems to become invisible during this time. I found her in the kitchen cleaning dishes while humming to a song that was playing in the background. She turned around and noticed me " hello dear , how was school?" she said warmly while smiling brightly. "Same as always " I replied. So I could've said it better ,but it's the truth.
She seemed to ponder for a second then smiled so brightly, "how about we make some cookies !?" She said excitingly. "Chocolate chip?" I replied while a small grin appeared on my face. " duh , of course , they are our favourite afterall! By a sweetheart and close the shop and I'll get the ingredients ready" She said.