Chapter 2: Animosity

But instead of falling into a cell, I feel in a very spacious room. The lights instantly turned back on. What I saw was just keys everywhere. Like piles and piles of keys. Crap. I got a feeling I know what he wants me to do.

"Testing. Testing." The sound of static just filled the room.
"Alright. I assume you already got the gist of this. If you look towards your left, you will see a door with a lock on it. The goal here is to find the right key to open the door. This exercise is meant to test your patience. Now, good luck."
Static then filled the room again before I just hear nothing.

I quickly pulled out my pocket watch to check the time to only see a big crack on it. Damn watch...

But I have to find the right key? Everywhere I look there are just keys in their own pile. There's legit nothing in this room except keys and the locked door. How? Are there multiple right keys? Because I might just be here for a while....
Damn it! But at least I'm safe right? I could use a break from any physical action anyways, right?
But as I said that, I started to see the green gas filling the room. Crap. I guess I should've expected that.

I instantly started to grab random keys and attempted to unlock the door with it. None of them were successful.
As a way to keep track, I put all the failed keys on its own pile next to the door. I just started rushing and rushing in the hope I just might and I mean MIGHT get lucky and grab the right key before the gas affects me.
My body is breaking in a cold sweat. This is just way more stressful than I anticipated.
It's like trying to beat the clock but you don't know the time. Any moment, I could go back to whatever god forsaken part of my life.

I grab keys after keys just to realize that I'm not grabbing any keys anymore. I'm grabbing... paper? ... ....

I turned around.

What I saw was me when I was 13. I was in middle school and well, I wasn't the most popular kid. I was weirdly anti-social to the point I kinda shun people away. But even then, I would still offer to help people.
Talk about a contradiction...
But I was bullied. And that was the scene I'm witnessing. My bully, Rosita and her friends, stole my school notebook and proceeded to rip out the pages all in front of me in the school hallway.
I can see myself just crying? And honestly, I'm starting to get upset to see how weak I was...

As Rosita kept ripping the page she remarks , "This is what you get for turning us down.
All we wanted was some extra help and you proceeded to yell at us. This is only fair"

My younger self's face is just filled with anger.
"It's because you people don't leave me alone! Everyday you ask me to help you guys with work despite your clearly passive aggressive behavior! I'm just so sick of it.."
Rosita then throws the notebook directly at my face.
"Not gonna lie, girls. I never knew it would be so fun to get revenge. I mean, she made you fail your English test. Right, Cathy?"

Ugh, I forgot how annoying her friends were. Cathy, Kelly, Lucy, And Martha.
Cathy was one of the more athletic kids. She was a great swimmer but in terms of everything else, she's mostly just average. Maybe that is why she goes to me for help the most.
Kelly is one of the smarter ones. She doesn't really ask me for help, but she still won't hesitate to join me on the bullying.

I always ask Cathy why can't she just go to Kelly for help? She always replied with a response like, "Kelly is busy." But she doesn't care if I was busy though, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was bull crap. And Lucy...
Dear god, she was obnoxious. Loud, stupid, and egotistical. A perfect combination of an unlikeable person. And finally, Martha. She mostly just quiet, but once she was around them she just turned into a pair of hyenas.

I know these guys are just kids back then, but Jesus Christ, I want to just... ugh! This isn't right for me to say....

Cathy then responded, "Yeah, I did... You know if you keep causing me to fail my test we might have to just yoink that necklace of yours! Right, girls"
Lucy agreed, "I am down! I could use a nice necklace."