authors note!

Hey world! First, I want to thank anyone who has decided to click on this book

Hey world! First, I want to thank anyone who has decided to click on this book. Whether I get one reader or a hundred readers, it means a lot that you are choosing to give this book a chance.

Sincerely,Devora is an idea I have been working on for around two years, surprisingly. It was originally named something completely different.

I have tried to map this book out multiple times, but it led to many variations being worked on and changed.

However, after rewriting the first couple chapters, I kid you not, around twenty times, -- with the help of Daniel Caesar, Abel, Brent Faiyaz, and Summer Walker singing my ears off-I finally was able to establish a solid and exciting concept for Sincerely, Devora

As an amateur to professional writing, my only experience being AP English and a couple other smaller fics, please remember that the first draft of this book will have beginner errors, therefore, feel free to give constructive criticism, but I do plan to edit this book in the later future.

One thing to note is besides the prologue, as time goes on, the chapters in this book are long and lengthy.

I always stick by the motto "Quality over Quantity." So as long as each chapter is rich in text and plot, it should not matter how many chapters a book you're reading has.

Now, I would also like to point out, this book may not be easily tolerable for some. Yes, it is a slow burn romance, but this is not your typical cliche. In fact, I would even argue that this book is far from previous works you may have read.

To give background and full transparency, I always knew I wanted to write a romance with darker elements, but I never knew how I would be going about it. I wanted to write something I would want to read myself, but I also wanted to depict whatever it was I decided to write from a realistic standpoint.

With that being said, before continuing any further, I would like you all to understand that there will be zero "fair warnings" or disclaimers in the collective chapters to come.

Do I need to repeat that? ZEROOOO!!

THIS WHOLE BOOK IS TRIGGERING!

Therefore, this is your warning right now; do not continue on if you are easily edged.

It is your responsibility as a reader of Sincerely, Devora to read my author's note all the way through with caution- I promise you authors would not insert such a thing, in the beginning of their books, without a valid reason-- This book deals with/touches on mature themes.

And no, I am not just talking about sex scenes.

Mental issues, suicide, molestation, and addiction are only some of the heavy things that will play big parts in this book, and I not do plan to shy away from the realistic causes and consequences each issue may bring.

Also, note that the main character is not perfect. She stays real and authentic to herself for majority of the story, but that does not mean she is not prone to falling victim to her flaws. Like WE ALL do at lower times in our lives.

Devora is headstrong, opinionated, and may seem unnecessarily abrasive at times, but it all derives from the circumstances she had been forced to endure from such a young age, and you may see that shine through her flaws from time to time.

Now, I love Devora with my entire heart, but if you clicked this story thinking you were going to get a spunky, naive goody two shoes, or on the other end of the spectrum, a flawless, easily justifiable badass, you have another thing coming!

Our main MC is neither.

With Devora, there is no just good or just bad because she, simply, resides in grey.

Does that makes sense? I don't think it does, but oh well.

Devora's actions, you're going to see, are not always easy to defend or support entirely, either.

With focusing my attention on making this story as realistic as possible, I also had to realize real humans have real problems they suffer from, where solutions are not always apparent. Something even my favorite Wattpad books fail to display, without romanticizing it.

*cough*

*cough*

HA! YOU THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO NAME DROP?!

N E WAYS :) ⤋

Sincerely, Devora changes this idea.

Real people suffer from internal conflict all the time: insecurities, paranoia, relentless doubt, etc. As a collective, we have to realize that that is okay because it makes us human.

The main character is human and thus, suffers from many of these things, which can fuel her insecureness at times.

But do not let someone's insecurities fool you into thinking they are incapable of change because that is anything but the truth. You will see that as the story progresses on as well.

So go easy on my girl.

I promise character development is a real thing!

All of this does apply to our male lead as well, so keep that in mind as you read more about him too...

With all of that being said, I do hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I love writing it. I have major plans for these characters storylines, and I already have an idea of the direction I want the sequel to follow.

I've written smaller things on this app before, and I love reading comments and opinions, so commenting is HIGHLY APPRECIATED here :)

Again, sorry for the lengthy AN but we all know that the darker the story, the more that has to be prefaced.

On a lighter note, there are many comedic elements and a handful of characters to fall in love with and relate to!

Hopefully, everyone can be impacted by this book, in someway.

Another reminder: I write for fun not for unwarranted opinions. I'm not looking to be the next Edgar Allen Poe so don't ride on me to heavy!

SINCERELY, DEVORA EVERYONE!

LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!

ENJOY!

╔══
𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙘𝙤𝙥𝙮𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙢 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙛 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙, 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚. 𝙎𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙮, 𝘿𝙚𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙖 © 2022 𝙗𝙮 @𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙮𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙣
═══╝

STARTED: 6/9/22
ENDED: ONGOING

STARTED: 6/9/22ENDED: ONGOING