𝐗𝐈𝐈 | Assassina Letale

Chapter 12 | Assassina Letale

        ——— 14 hours before————

The violent thuds that splattered against the beautfiul sky high windows matched the tense mood in Adelio's office. He sat rigidly in his favorite velvet chair with a small glass of dark liquor in his right hand. His usual relaxed jaw visably ticked, when the ten minute mark of Aldo pacing the width of his office was cued by the grandfather clock echoing throughout the hallway.

Aldo was going on and on about excuses and bullshit stories to justify unreasonable actions, when Adelio stood up abruptly, silencing the back and forth bickering in the room.

He faced the window eerily calm, not having the patience to face his disappointment of a team.

"So, according to what you're all telling me, within the time span of three weeks, you menaces could not find a single lead on where my money is at?"

The night was approaching, dark and heavy blues began to swallow the remains of warmth in the sky. He closed his eyes, attempting to steady his temper at the silent answer of his men. Adelio, like always, sought comfort in the roaring sounds of the sky.

"Listen, man, it's not as simple as you are making it out to be. We have been tracking the laundering for weeks on end, but our leads are nothing but dead-ends," Aldo sighed. He placed his hands on his hips as he looked to Issac for guidance. Issac took a cautious step forward.

"Adelio, Aldo had our men track the transaction statements at all our major grossing wineries. I even looked at our auto company's transactions, but we still could not find any major cash leaks or unusual withdrawls.

Same with the rest of our businesses within the Enterprise. The only common denominator were finding is that the missing money ties to our business accounts connected to the Mafia. Listen, we are doing everything we possibly can-"

"Well obviously your everything is not enough!" Adelio intereupted. He stalked towards where his right hand man and brother stood, side by side.

"More than 5 million dollars has disappeared while you two have been playing hide and seek with those thieves. The moment that number increases to a detrimental amount, I promise I'll make sure you all compensate in ways that have nothing to do with money. Have I made myself clear?" Adelio scolded.

He was met with quick sharp nods from around his office.

Issac let out a huff as he chanced a glance at Aldo.

Adelio glared at them both. "Does father know?"

"No."

"Then this stays in house."

Adelio knew no one was going to object to that. The senior Marchetti had been way to messy as of lately. His loose ends began to burden the men the bigger and bigger they got. Adelio observed how it prompted the men to further question their faith in Armando.