𝐗𝐈𝐕 | Eyes Never Lie

Chapter 14 | 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐞

    Adelio was anything but happy to be waken up by the vibration of his  phone in the middle of the night

Adelio was anything but happy to be waken up by the vibration of his phone in the middle of the night.

He needed all the sleep he could get.

He had endured the longest couple weeks imaginable and an even longer, more excruciating couple days with a certain someone.

Aldo and Issac's constant empty updates on the whereabouts of Rome did nothing to help.

He could only wonder if a couple hours of rest eye was to much to ask for.

The strain was beginning to catch up with his body.

Nonetheless, he had learned long ago that every single phone call mattered. No matter what time of day or night the call was coming through.

You never knew whose last it could be.

The last time Adelio missed a phone call, it costed him the life of a person he cared about deeply.

He vowed to never let it happen again.

"Do you want me to check?" The figure beside him groaned.

Adelio looked down. He noted the short strawberry strands and tan arm draped around him in suprise. He had forgotten he had slipped into his assistant's room to begin with.

Recognition dawned on him. He had went through a very vulnerable moment earlier that night.

He hated how fragile and weak he felt, so he ran to the closest thing he could find to rid himself of those feelings.

The closest thing to her, at least.

"No. I got it." Adelio stated. He removed her arm and reached for the phone on the night stand. An inkling of regret ran through him.

He heard the tiny frame whine at the lost of contact, but one clear glance at his phone had the man standing from his relaxed position on the bed.

"Midnight."

"I'll do it."

"Come to a decision so fast-"

"You need to take Soleil." Devora cut him off. Adelio raised his eyebrows. She continued. "But have Miguel be the one to take her. She won't panic if she sees him."

He let her words register for a moment, but still said nothing.

"Hello? Marchetti? Did you hear me? Please, you have to do this now." Devora's harsh whisper came through.

"Ads, what does she want?" Savannah inquired, coming up behind him.

Adelio shushed her, furrowing his brows more and bringing the phone closer to his ear.

He tried to make out the rustling coming from the other side. It was only then, when he noticed her unusual breathing pattern.

"Midnight, where are you?" Adelio questioned.