the missing one

1.o4

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐋𝐄 backwards, but Rai caught her

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐋𝐄 backwards, but Rai caught her. Nini looked up in wonder and curiosity as she spotted the giant blue energy ball in the sky. She turned her head to the rest of the Hargreeves as they came outside.

"Rai! This you?" Diego yelled over the wind, straightening Nini after the wind made her loose her footing again. She thanked him in his head and he nodded back to her.

"No! It came outta nowhere, Diegs!"

"Then, what is it?" Vanya questioned her. Nini could barely hear over the whistling wind.

"Don't get too close!" Allison instructed.

"Yeah, no shit." Diego snarked, placing an arm out to keep Rai and Nini behind him safely. Rai was his favorite sister, and if she liked this kid, then he'd help keep her safe.

"Looks like some sort of temporal anomaly," Luther stated firmly, "Either that or a miniature black hole. One of the two."

"Pretty big difference there, Paul Bunyan!" Diego spat. Nini chuckled behind him.

"Out of the way!" Nini turned her head only to be pushed back into Rai. Klaus had come running out of the house, full sprint towards the blue light in the sky with a fire extinguisher and pushed them. He sprayed it for a moment, but it only sucked it in. Then he shrugged, and just threw the extinguisher into the anomaly.

"What's that gonna do?" Allison shouted incredulously.

"I don't know! Do you have a better idea?" Klaus yelled in response as they brought him back into the safety of the group.

"Everyone get behind me!" Luther instructed firmly, placing his arms in front of the group as a form of protection.

Diego did the same. "Yeah, get behind us!"

"I vote for running, c'mon!" Klaus yelled and grabbed the collars of Rai and Nini to get them away from the danger. Neither girl moved and each gave him a side eye, which made him groan loudly and stay put.

It seemed to get more agressive, but as Nini squinted up at the energy, a face appeared. She tilted her head curiously as the wrinkles and white hair faded away, and it morphed into a scream.

Suddenly, it was gone. The blue electricity in the sky disappeared and took the wind with it. The sky was clear and the courtyard had no evidence that anything strange had happened, except for the boy laying on the ground.

Nini watched as the boy shot up, groaning. His features were sharp and his clothes were almost comically way too big on him. He's the missing one... Five, I think?

"Does anyone else see little Number Five, or is that just me?" Klaus questioned as everyone looked at the boy in shock.

He looked down at himself, "Shit."