over this

1.29

"EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME," A woman interrupted as they approached, her arm around a frail looking boy holding a bowling ball with both arms, "it's my son Kenny's birthday today, and

"EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME," A woman interrupted as they approached, her arm around a frail looking boy holding a bowling ball with both arms, "it's my son Kenny's birthday today, and... uh... wouldn't your kids be happier playing with kids his own age? Assuming it's okay with your two dads."

Nini and Rai burst out laughing, looking over to the three brothers. Delphini reached over and shook Five's shoulders, giggling, "Maybe that'll cheer you up!"

Five scoffed and shrugged her hand off. Her looked at the mother and son duo, "I would rather chew off my own foot."

The woman's face dropped and she let them be. Rai and Nini giggled to each other about what terrible fathers Klaus and Diego would be together as Five left them.

"If I was going to date a man, you'd be the last man I would date." Diego commented.

"You'd be lucky to get me." Klaus replied with ease. Nini glanced around for Five in the direction she saw him go, but only saw a flash of blue. A heavy sigh escaped her lips.

"He'll come back, Nini. Don't worry." Rai said softly, reaching down to rub her shoulder. She knew she got worried about Five when he suddenly disappeared.

Allison and Luther returned to the group shortly after. Luther's eyes flickered around, "All right, where's Five?"

"He left." Diego stated. Nini frowned at the reminder, disheartened that he would leave them at such a desperate time. Five was an enigma. He tried for years to get back to his family, and when he finally returned, he left constantly without warning and left them completely in the dark.

"Oh, for the love of... where'd he go?" Luther asked irritably.

"He didn't say." Rai shrugged.

"Well, we're not waiting around for him. The concert starts in thirty minutes."

"All right, so what's the plan?" Diego asked.

"Well, I think that, uh... We go to the Icarus Theater."

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble, Luther," Rai started, "but that's a location, not a plan."

Luther opens his mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. Diego stepped closer to him. Nini rolled her eyes. We don't have time for another fight. "What, is that all you got? Look, you wanna be Number One, fine, but you're gonna have to get us on the same page, because right now, we're all over the place."

"You're right," Luther agreed. I was not expecting that. "We need a plan."

Suddenly, there was dozens of bullets being aimed their way. Nini only got a glimpse of the masked men with machine guns before ducking down to hide behind a counter with Deigo and Luther. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried to calm her breathing. I just want to take a nap. I'm so over this.

"Who the hell are these guys?!" Diego questioned loudly to be heard over the gunfire. Nini leaned over to make sure Rai was okay. She hiding behind the counter across from them with Klaus and Allison.

"Maybe they're here for Kenny's birthday!" Klaus shouted, his hands clamped over his ears. Delphini couldn't help but laugh. Popcorn and shards of porcelain were flung everywhere. Diego sheilded her the best he could, just like he did when Hazel and Cha Cha attacked the Academy.

"No. I'm pretty sure they're here for us!" Luther shouted.

Diego threw a knife and suddenly the lights went out, plunging everyone into darkness. Nini panicked for a moment before realizing it wasn't completely dark. The neon signs and funky blue lights were still on. She gave a sigh of relief. She peaked over the countertop and saw the assassins with their orange glowing circles for eyes. A smirk adorned her lips. I can work with this.

Luther threw a bowling ball and knocked one of the assassins down. Diego stood and threw knife after knife. Rai was throwing lightning bolts as quickly as she could. A cake went flying. Nini stayed crouched down, her head peaking out as she sent her shadows after their attackers. One got his neck snapped, and managed to shoot three or four more of his associates. She reached up to wipe the blood from her nose, before turning back and snapping another one's neck.

"They're blocking the exit!" Klaus cried.

"So, what's the plan now, Luther?" Diego shouted. Breathless, Nini ducked back down beside him.

"The lanes! Let's go!" Luther ordered. Immediately, Nini darted down the closest lane to her as fast as she could. She tried to build up a protective shadow around the others to stop the bullets from coming, but she wasn't if sure it worked or not. As the end of the lane approached, the girl slid to the ground, the friction burning her skin and the pins rattling into her body harshly. That's gonna leave a bruise.

Once she was in the back of the alley, Rai quickly grabbed her arm before pulling her up and shoving her forward. "Go, Nini! Follow the others!"

Obediently, Delphini followed after the other Hargreeves siblings. Her chest heaved as they weave through the slim hall, the gunfire coming to a complete stop. She gasped for air as they all headed outside, but continued to run. She could hear Luther's voice, "Keep going! We have to get to the theater!"

I'm so over this.

· · ─────── · 𖥸· ─────── · ·

kinda short but only one more chapter until s2 my favee 🤩 but who wants to tutor me in college algebra it's kicking my ass 😭