Chapter 2

Song(s): Bright Lies- Giant Rooks

¥¥¥¥¥

Some ways away in another state, lays awake another individual. Their dreams also being filled with burning flesh and distorted screams. Luckily enough, Elias was spared of any cryptic messages. Unluckily, Elias also spent the better half of his morning hurling his guts into a white ceramic toilet bowl. With a such a lovely start to his morning, and sleep being far too gone to grasp, Elias finds peace in cleaning his apartment.

Anything was better than dwelling on cryptic images from a life he chose to leave behind years ago. Better than thinking about people he left behind years ago.

As if you can outrun destiny. Elias' mind taunts him. Reminding him of the fact his life has never really been his own.

At once it wasn't, but he changed that. He decided to take a stand years ago and no nightmare could change his mind.

But even the sting of heat from his dishwater could not erase the lingering chill from his bones. Elias would be lying if he said a part of him- a very miniscule part- was not a little worried. He had not been to Glendale since his mamã... He just had not been back in years. Though, that was soon to change. Not because of some dumb nightmare, but because he promised his mother he would visit her for the holidays. Move forward in life.

As he continues to scrub the dishes, Elias begins to ponder on taking his trip a few days earlier. He only had two final exams that needed to be completed in person. It would not take much to rearrange his schedule to leave a week early. His professors were pretty understanding when given adequate timing and reasons. Elias was already making a mental checklist of arrangements for his early holiday. Until he hears the soft patter of feet enter the kitchen.

"Bebe, everything alright?" A soft voice questions from behind him. Sleep was still heavy in Isabella's voice, a yawn following soon after she speaks. [Babe]

Merda. Leaving a week earlier than planned was not simple after all. How was he going to explain his change of plans to Isabella? When they made things official last year, Elias briefly explained his familial situation to Isabella. Although she knows his efforts to reconnect with his mother, there was no way he could possibly explain his urgency in leaving to Glendale. Not without garnering more questions he could not answer. Not without disrupting Isabella's life. [Shit]

"Bebe," Isabella calls. Concern seeping into her voice as she places a delicate hand on his back. "¿Que pasó?" [Babe...What happened?]

Turning his head Elias gazes down at her small frame sending a small smile in her direction. Hoping it brought reassurance, hoping the gesture did not seem as forced as it feels. "Nothing, love. Just stressed about this project I've been working on."