𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 4: 𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚜

Your POV

The next morning I woke up on the couch where I had fallen asleep last night watching a movie with Google. It was still dark but from the window I could see the sky was a dull steel blue, meaning that it's around 6 am. I loved the time of dawn, the cool fragrant air of dawn dancing gently on my skin and blowing through my hair always managed to calm my anxities. I wanted to feel it again, the way the breeze embraced me gave me a strange sense of being alive rather than being a reminder of existence. So I shuffled out of the couch to open the window. And the blanket on top of me slid off my body, and I couldn't remember getting a blanket.

Aww did Google put the blanket on me?

As I made my way to open the window, a small smile made its way to my face. It was the first kind gesture someone made towards me in ages. I moved out of my parents house when I turned 18. And I've been living alone ever since. (You've 23. Hope you dont mind.)

I opened the window and took in the refreshing breeze and felt it embrace me.

My parents were never affectionate, and I was touch starved growing up. All they ever cared about were my grades. They rarely ever contacted me after I left their house. I know it's not like they didn't love me but it was just me reaching out towards them and them not making any effort what so ever to reach back. It was like trying to grasp something that was above the water when you're at the ocean bed. Where you can see the sunlight being refracted by the gentle currents of the water where it is shallow while you're stuck in the cold depths trying to reach out and desperatly feel the warmt. Because they never showed affection and if they ever did it all felt forced. It made me wonder if they were just obliged to love me because they gave birth to me.

Now some people fill out that hole with friends. But Surprise. Surprise. I don't have friends either. My friends at school and college just kind of drifted away. And the people I hang out with at my office always made me feel left out. It's clear they don't consider me a friend more like an acquaintance, so I try not to be to pushy to get involved with whatever they do in case they think I'm annoying. I really don't wanna lose what this is, atleast this way they'll talk to me.

So that's how it's been for years now. Me in my kingdom of solitude all alone and depressed. Until yesterday. I really don't know how I ended up with him, but I hope he and I could come to an understanding, and maybe he could be like a friend? My first real friend in ages.

But it looks like it isn't going to be easy. He doesn't look interested to even make a conversation, let alone become a friend. Well I mean what do I expect from a robot?

But I'm still gonna try and be friendly. If he's gonna be rude though he can't expect me to be nice either. Friend or not I just hope he stays...I really don't wanna be lonely anymore I just want someone to talk to.

I sigh and clear out my thoughts. Looking over at the horizon I can see the sun slightly peeking over the surface, slowly beginning to fill the surroundings with its warm lively colors. Even though I love this time of the day, I'm too lazy to actually get up early, so watching the sunrise isn't what I commonly do, but whenever I did experience it, it was like a strange feeling of hope....

My eyes quickly tore off the rising sun when I see some movement in my peripheral vision.

It wasn't from inside the house, it was from my little garden to the just a little right to my window. I lean out a little more bending over the sill to see Google by the garden, standing there like deer frozen in headlight, looking back at me.

"Uh.. hey.. morning..what uh..whatcha' doin' out there?" I asked awkwardly.
"None of your business.." he grumbled. I sighed leaning back in before swinging my legs over the window.
"Well you are my buisness-" I pushed myself off of it to land on the other side and approached him. "-so tell me, Google dearest, what are you doing here?" I cross my arms over my chest and stare at him as if daring him to challenge me.