🅾🅽🅴

I picked up my coat and my earphones and plugged it in my old musical-pod. I stuffed my hands in my pocket as I hauled myself out of the Foster Center. It was Autumn, nearly winter and the whether was getting cold, so I wrapped my coat around myself as tightly as I could. It wasn't exactly helping when you have a thin-fabric clothing, worn out by the tons of times it was used. Sighing, I glanced around the street. 

  My name is Baily, Baily Stanford. Even though I don't go by that last name a lot, ever since my mother died in a car accident after my dad was sentenced to jail of being abusive to the both of us. I was put into Foster Care and have been stuck in the center for 7 years ever since. I slipped into the bench, beside a blonde-haired women, wearing an expensive sunglasses and an oversized red coat. She seemed rich, not that I envied her, I pulled out my sketch book and continued my recent sketches. 

  I noticed the lady turned her head a little and glanced down on my paper. Having a rich lady glancing at my drawing was unusual, so, uncomfortable and feeling my heart beat pump, indicating a coming minor panic attack, I stood up and shuffled away . 

  Who was that? Not that I bothered. I just needed to get away and be alone the moment. My hands in my coat, I begin walking down, nearing the trees. I passed by the Animal Shelter where I had a part-time job . It just calms me, being with animals and helping ones that are in need. I was incredibly grateful that Mr Manning would give me a offer me a job there, it just let me have the money that I needed for my essentials. Being with animals just helped takes my social anxiety away, blow my panic and able to spend sometime with the animals there that are desperate for love and care. 

  I took the turn back to the Foster Care center and passed through the doors. Ms. Ally, the manager of the Foster Care, whom sometimes could be overly strict but could also be kind, burst through the doors, her face boiling. Hmm. Guess today is just the unlucky day. We'll have to deal with something bad for supper, the best of cookies and milk. Usually we would have a small portion of salad each but that happened when Ms. Ally is in a good mood. Definitely not today. 

  She was shouting something out loud, probably about Alexander, the cheeky little 7 year old who was practically driving everyone crazy. He had something about him that could make people annoyed but still liked him, we wouldn't know what do to if he wasn't 't around. Probably in the world of dull and misery. He was the one who lightened things up. 

  "Come right back down, Alexander! You better now run away, you sneaky little rat! Give. Me. Back. My Shoe!" Ms. Ally shouted, somewhat drowning my ears deaf. She could be really loud when she wanted to. I let out a small giggle, muffling it before she heard me. Shoe? Ms. Ally, more like your dirty slippers. Leave it to Alex to get himself in trouble by stealing her slippers. 

  "Ms. Ally? Is supper ready yet?" I asked, knowing what would the answer be. I'm sixteen and by far the oldest among the foster children. She would be grumping down her breath and asking me to get myself my own supper. But of course, when the kids starts filling in the small, dining hall, she would pulled herself into making us supper. I mean, it is her job to take care of the children. 

  And sure enough, her thick-Scottish accent rang my ears in an unpleasant and annoyed voice, "If you're so clever to interrupt me, Bailey, why not get yourself some supper yourself." She shooed me out of the room and I reluctantly plopped onto my side of the bed and looked out of the window. My stomach was growling and I was craving for something to eat, especially since I had early lunch for today. Nothing else. 

  I knocked onto the door of the animal shelter before pushing the door open and greeting Mr Manning who was standing at the front counter, working something on the counter's computer. I glanced around the shelter, all was filled, except an empty spot of a fortunate puppy whom was adopted the day before. I was happy for him and was looking forward to get the rest of these out to a loving family too.