Chapter Deux

Shawn's POV

"I can't believe we don't have seats next to each other, we had to discuss the next show..." Andrew says as we walk in the airport towards our gate. I was really excited for this next show but I hated doing all the backstage work. "It's alright, we could talk about it tomorrow." I say looking at my phone.

I must have gotten caught up in the moment because when I checked the time our plane was leaving in 5 minutes. We rushed down the big long halls of the airport squeezing through everyone in our way.

We stopped in front of the counter panting and the lady reassured us we were there just in time. I recollect myself, take a deep breath, and enter the yet smaller hallway onto the plane.

I walk in the aisle looking up from the ticket in my hand with my seat number. "7, 8, 9, 10, 11...." I look up and find a girl around my age sitting in the window seat.

She was beautiful. I was so captured by her essence. "Shawn, you can do this. Sit next to the gorgeous girl for the 8 hour flight and keep calm." I told myself inside my head.

I plopped down into the seat next to her and she turned her head towards me. She looked shocked and I could notice because she dropped her drink and muffin on me. Her earphones also popped out of her ears. The drink spilt on my pants and continued on the floor.

"Hello um I don't have any napkins to clean this up do you?" I say but it doesn't seem to be getting through to her. She stared at me like there was nothing else in the world. Did she know who I was?

I start waving my hand in front of her face getting her attention. "Hello? A little help here haha". She looks down at my pants and starts babbling at how she is sorry but I couldn't hear her, all I saw was her chocolate brown eyes flutter and twinkle with the sun behind her.

I heard her say something about being clumsy so I said "It's okay I'm clumsy too." She hands me a napkin to wipe off the liquid from my sweatpants. I hand it back to her and she puts in a Tim Hortons paper bag. Where did she get that?!

"Sorry I didn't introduce myself. I'm Sha-" She cuts me off and says "Shawn Mendes. I know. I am a huge fan and you are my inspiration, sitting right next to me. I think I'm going to cry. I'm on my way to California to go to your show right now".

Oh my gosh she knows who I am. And is going to see me! OMFG I FEEL LIKE A FANGIRL TOWARDS A FANGIRL WHAT?!? I can't believe this right now. I'm not saying anything I have to say something.

"Wow that's awesome! Don't cry tho I don't want your beautiful face in tears" I say to her as sincerely as I could. 'I don't want to ever see her face in tears unless it's at our wedding' I say to myself in my head. SHAWN WHAT THE HELL YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THIS GIRL SHE COULD BE A PSYCHO KILLER!! I have to calm my hormones...

I look down and see the muffin in her lap. She has a chocolate chip muffin. Right there. In front of me. What is life (A/N Ball is life🏀). No, I can't. I've been doing so well on this muffin free diet I can't break it now. I lick my lips wanting to savour every imaginary bit of that muffin.

She shoves the muffin to me and I look at her confused. "What? Are you giving this to me?" I ask not understanding why she would waste a delicious muffin (A/N Scratch that Tim Hortons muffins are life👌🏼).

"Ya, I'm not really hungry anyways" she says looking at me. How did I get so lucky to sit next to this girl who is pretty, sweet, and I can just see it that there is much more to her.

I accept the muffin and say "Thanks..." shit I don't know her name. SHAWN YOU DICK YOU NEVER ASKED SO SELFISH NOW SHE WILL NEVER MAKE BABIES WITH YOU!!! Maybe I could guess it. Sophia? no it didn't fit her critique. Maya? No she doesn't look like a maya. I knew a maya before and she wasn't the nicest...

"Ali" she says confidently like that was the one thing she was sure about when she was talking to me. I smile at her. That was perfect. She was smiling too. Wow I want to see that smile every day, I could never get tired of it.

I hear her music playing through her head phones and recognize the lyrics 'I thought that I've been hurt before. But no one's ever left me quite this sore. Your words cut deeper than a knife. Now I need someone to breath me back to life...' That's my song. She's listening to my song.

"Hey...that song sounds rather familiar" I say smirking. She knew I was flirting. Wait is this how you flirt?

Her cheeks turn cherry red and she scrambles to get her phone and press the pause button which she looked like she was having difficulties with. Haha, she's so cute.

I hear the captain start talking through the speakers and I look towards the flight attendant at the front of the plane demonstrating the safety uses. I tried to so hard to glance at Ali and to pretend that I was actually listening to what the woman was saying. But really I was replaying what just happened.

For once I was happy that I didn't have to sit with Andrew during our flights, it was nice for a change. It was time for a change. She was my change.

Author's Note
HIIIII !!!!! Omg guys I actually got more than 20 reads I wasn't expecting that haha... Try for 30? COMMENT OR VOTE IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER OR BOUGHT HANDWRITTEN!!!! AHHHH IN LOVE WITH HIS ALBUM IM SO PROUD WOW YOU DONT UNDERSTAND LOL. AND I GET TO SEE HIM IN 38 DAYSSSSS. Not that anyone reads this but I needed to get that out lol have a good day💒