Part 2- Mission *Blast Off*

In the equipment room, everyone silently watches the front. Purple holds up a robot, then places it down on the ground. "This is your Standard Issue Information Retrieval Unit, also known as a SIR. It will assist you in gathering valuable knowledge during your mission." Red grins, "It's also a thermos!" Purple picks up the SIR and it compacts again, into what looks like a piece of scrap metal. I marvel at it, 'Wow, that's impressive. It doesn't seem too hard to make.' I'm pulled out of my thoughts once more as Purple asks, "Who wants this one?" A random invader answers, "I do!" Purple throws it and it hits the Invader. "Ow! Thank you." Red smirks, "Everyone else, line up and take a robot!" Zim ran closer, wanting to be at the front of the line, and I run to stay next to him. A few invaders glare at me as I pass.

The guy in front of us gets his SIR unit, and then Zim excitedly steps forward, with me standing behind/next to him on the right. "Finally!... A robot slave of my own." He reaches out his arms, closing his eyes and sticking out his tongue, while making a cute noise of anticipation. My mouth turns upwards, not being able to contain the slight smile that spreads on my face at the sight. The Tallest look down at him annoyed, while Red speaks first. "Um, eh, we have a 'top-secret' model for you, Zim." Red waves his hand over a hole near him and a trashcan emerges. He searches through the discarded SIR parts as Purple pulls out a screw, 2 pennies, a paper clip, and a rubber ball from his pocket band, while standing in front of us to block what's happening. Red attaches some eyes to a head as Purple dumps the junk in as a brain for the new robot.

Purple makes a howling kind of whistle noise to simulate the robot zooming down, and tosses the hunk of junk in front of Zim. It lies there, inactive. I put my hands on my hips as I think to myself. 'It's always been pretty obvious that the Tallests hate Zim, but come on! They really hate him THIS much that they won't even give him a properly decent robot?' Zim furrows his brows, evaluating the 'SIR' unit currently on the floor. "It looks kind of... not good." 'Finally! Zim actually sees what's up for once!' "Yes! Well, that's what the enemy will think!" Purple says, and Red nods in agreement. "Get it?" "I see! Very good!! It even fooled meee! I am honored to be trusted with such advanced technology." 'Annnnnnnd, we're back to square one.' The Almighty Tallest giggle to themselves, while I secretly frown at them. Suddenly, the robot activates with red glowing eyes and runs up to Zim. "GIR, reporting for duty!" "GIR? What does the 'G' stand for?" The robot's eyes turn blue, "I don't know!" Gir stands there blankly, but suddenly hits himself in the head repeatedly. "Wheeeeee hoo hoo hoo! Wheeeeeeee hoo hoo hoo!"

My frown soon turns into a smile again, watching the adorable little guy. Zim questions, "Um, is it supposed to be stupid?" I inwardly gasp, dramatically clutching at my heart and think, 'How dare you call Gir stupid! He's absolutely adorable!!' Purple answers Zim's question, still smiling, "It's not stupid. It's advanced!" GIR proceeds to bounce on his head repeatedly, as the Tallest continue to snicker. No longer wanting to hear them laugh, I step up and interrupt them. "Umm, excuse me my Tallest! Do I get a robot too? Or..." They wipe the tears from their eyes and look down at me. Not as far down as they would have to look at Zim (cause I was taller than him), but still down since I was shorter than them. "No no, one robot is enough for the two of you. Be gone now!" Red says and waggles his hands at me and Zim, before bursting out into laughter once more, with Purple joining in. "Goodbye my Tallest! You won't be disappointed!!" Zim tells them as he proudly marches out of the room, with me and Gir following behind. "Two masters?! Yayyyyy! This must be my luckkkkyyy dayyy!" Gir squeals happily and I smile. All the Irken ships start to leave Conventia. The three of us get into Zim's voot cruiser and follow the traffic out. "Hey Zim? Can we stop back on Irk so I can grab a few things? I promise I won't be long."

As we're stuck behind a ship at the toll gate, Zim sighs and swivels his chair around to face me. There was no room for me to sit in the front, so I sat in a chair behind him. "Fine! If you must get your things, I guess I'll allow it. You're partners with the amazing ZIM after all! ...What's your name again...?" "It's Y/N! And thanks Zim!!" He nods and faces the front again. Once we get out of Conventia, Zim flies the voot cruiser to Irk. He drops me off and I run to get my things. I was only gonna bring a few items, but then I remembered a really useful invention I made! It was a device that could keep lots of things inside of it, but then shrink down so it was compactable and easy to carry. I know, it sounds totally awesome!! Don't ask me how I made it though, it's wayyyyy too complicated to explain. Anyways, I gather everything I can fit in the carrying device, before making it smaller and putting that into my PAK. Whatever else I had that was able to fit in my PAK, went in there. One of those other smaller things that was really important, included my disguising technology. Soon, I was out and back to where Zim's voot cruiser was parked.