AWAKE : THIRTY ONE

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

I can't remember anything past that.

Darn it. Why is it always like this? Can't I just regain all of my memories of that night? This is frustrating.

"Are you okay, Y/n?" Mina asks me, her eyes full of concern. I must've spaced out a bit because of the memory. They're all looking at me now, waiting for me to speak.

"Do you remember anything?" Nayeon asks. "Why do we have tattoos like this?"

I nod. "Yes. We were abducted. By them. The night when the airborne virus was unleashed."

Their eyes widen because of what I said. I start to tell them the whole story, up to the part I remember.

"There's a good chance we're inside their spaceship," Mina speculates right after I'm done talking. "That's the only vehicle that can hold its own laboratory."

"Maybe they are also the reason why you are the only one who remembers the events of that night," Sana says. "They must've done some alterations to our brains."

That can be a good explanation. But why did they put tattoos on us? Are they trying to perform an experiment on us or something?

"We don't have time to find out what it is," Irene states. "But we still have time to retrieve those documents."

"Let's go, then," I say, determination coursing through my veins.

I'm getting pissed off. All I want to happen right now is for us to finish this mission. I want to go back to how my life used to be, however simple and boring that may be.

I look at them. "Let's get this over with."

--

Blue House looks just like the pictures of it that I saw in my school textbooks. The entrance hall looks majestic, with its beige walls and the intricate paintings hanging on them. There is a door leading to the grand staircase.