Part 17: No resentment

"And you are applying for the job as junior assistant?", Tony doubtingly looked from the curriculum on his desk to the not unfamiliar woman that was sitting before him.

Elena threw her hair back and laughed charmingly "I am looking for new challenges in my life". The way she was playing with her hair and looked at him from underneath half lowered lashes also was something that he had dealt with before. Exact the same scheme had been what she had tried on him when she had come to this office to negotiating the deal with Kirst industries. A company that she was currently leading. "You think going from being a CEO to becoming the assistant of my assistant would mean a challenge?". Since Jarvis was doing the main work anyway, what was left for his assistant mostly were things that required physical appearances and therefore the junior assistant really wasn't faced with all too challenging tasks. Not to mention that getting this job would mean for her to take at least two steps back on the ladder of success instead of climbing up but it was quite clear anyway how she was intending to rise up again. "It might be a lower position than my current one, but I am sure that a big company like yours has so much more to offer and I am willing to take everything that you want to tackle me with. I bring full devotion in any position".

He sighed inwardly. Fascinating that only a few months before, he so easily would have accepted this obvious offer if only for a few moments of distraction but now this conversation and this whole situation just exerted him. "I don't think that a cooperation will turn out as beneficial", she sure might have the experience and brain that that his company was looking for at all times and she most definitely would have been able to get a better position in no time but since she didn't seem to plan on using any of her talents for anything business related, he had no interest in it.

His blunt deny caused her eyes to widen the slightest in surprise but she quickly had caught herself again and pulled her lips in a rehearsed pout, meant to hit man right in the centre. He had to admit that if his heart had not been in Chris' tight hold, he probably also wouldn't be left untouched and if he hadn't already been bewitched at the time, he had been dealing with Elena the first time, he surely would have accepted her offer already back then. But his heart was and had been taken, and he couldn't care less in this moment, just like hadn't cared the last time.

Elena though wasn't willing to give up so easily. Too deep sat the thorn of ignominy of having been denied by this man so many times. Her skirt rode up her thighs a little more as she slid further towards the edge of her seat and by pushing her chest out just a little bit more, she caused her breasts to strain against the poor buttons of her blouse. "But Mister Stark", she purred his name and Tony thought amused that Chris by now already would be laying on this desk with her panties on the other side of the room. But this woman only triggered annoyance within him "Maybe I just describe all those benefits a little clearer to you". It annoyed him that she was wasting his time with this faked job interview, just as it annoyed him that she was showing no respect to him, this company or all the other applicants that really were interested in this position. And it annoyed him that that she kept flirting despite him already having declined multiple times and despite her having to know that he was in a relationship. He might be, might have been a playboy but what he never had done was to cheat on any of his girlfriends. Just one more thing that she didn't respect. He took a deep breath and collected his words to not say anything that would bite him later in the ass. The last thing he wanted was to be pulled into a lawsuit for something that he had said. Not that he actually was fearing something like that. He had enough money to easily be able to deal with things like that. Or security tapes that would show what really had happened, but he simply wasn't willing to give this woman more attention and time than what she already had stolen from him. But just before he was about to start, the door to his office swung open and Elena watched with rising frustration how his face lightened up at the sigh of his unexpected visitor.