A Programming Job

Izuku slumped onto his couch staring at the missed call from his professor. The bubble that had wrapped around him today burst. He felt cold now sitting alone. "Thanks Mr. Aizawa" he mumbled grumpily as he hit the call button.

"Midoriya?"

"Hey Mr. Aizawa, what's up? Are you okay?"

"Of course I am. Sorry for calling so late. I know it is last minute but I just got hired for a huge project, some big Insurance firm in England."

"A programming job?"

"Turns out they got caught by regulators for some screw up in their system. They have to have it fixed by next Friday. Came to the best and I accepted, they are throwing a lot of money at this Midoriya. Problem is, I am preparing two new courses for next term and I really need your help."

"Oh sure Mr. Aizawa."

"Great, look I am willing to split the money three ways, you, Tenya and myself."

"Tenya?" Izuku heard his voice tremble.

"I need manpower on this and you two are my best. I already sent you both the specs via email and the billing invoice. Plus, it is great you and Tenya live so close, you can work together."

Izuku leaned back on the couch, the bubble not only burst, it was a sticky mess all around him. He covered his eyes.

"Sure, we do live close now."

"It's perfect. Midoriya I won't lie, this is going to be a battle to get to the finish line. We have to be completely done by Friday night at midnight, they have to test over the weekend and go live by the following Monday."

"Wait, doesn't Tenya work?"

Mr. Aizawa laughed. "He called in for vacation next week."

"He did?" Tenya never took time off that he could remember.

"Look at the money Midoriya, you'll understand. I did some basic breakdown of work, so send me what you get done tonight. Tenya said he would be at your place in the morning to work up the rest."

"Okay, thanks Mr. Aizawa, I really appreciate you offering this to me."

"I doubt you'll be thanking me next Friday Midoriya. Talk to you tomorrow"

The line went dead.

Izuku groaned. He still had to tell Tenya that he was canceling next Saturday. He just had not been able to get the courage up yet. Just seeing him would be awkward and now he wouldn't be able to see Kacchan. Tears welled up, he was just unpacking and all of his equipment didn't even arrive. He hugged himself. Midoriya sighed and opened his email, he could see the specs Mr. Aizawa had sent. He pulled up the attached documents outlining the changes needed. He opened the invoice. His jaw went slack, was that his portion?

'That was a fortune.'

He could pay all his expenses for the next three months and put money in savings. Okay, okay, he could make this work. He would use this time to explain to Tenya about Kacchan and why there was no way he could date him on Saturday. And Kacchan was going to be busy anyway, maybe he could just text and see if they could have another date next weekend. He ached thinking of a whole week not seeing him. He shook his head, money, he really needed money. He hit print on all the documents.

Jumping up he went to his fridge, not much there, he needed supplies.

Bakugou grabbed the two large bags from the kitchen trash and tied them up carrying them to the dumpster in the alley way. He unlocked the lid, flipping it up, he tossed in the bags. The door slammed above him, he looked up expectantly, looking for green curls. He scowled when he saw Four Eyes.