Prologue

Prologue

"For the past years of living out of concealment, I had thought that the flash of exquisiteness from the cameras is the only left way of masquerading my unveil dimness of imperfect flaws behind the lights of perfection."

I let out a deep breath and tightened my grip at the award I'm holding to as I stare at the attentive crowd, listening to my speech.

"But now, I have learned the great lesson in my life as a woman who had been through the downs of the natural flow of this world that as I lift myself up, I know I'll reach the sky of my dream from being free away from the eyes of judgement, flying my own wings at my own will of reaching the destination of the true definition of happiness and progression, far from the seek of perfection."

The crowd clapped their hands but I'm not done yet, still, I gave them my genuine smile.

"The lesson of knowing the importance of your own breakthrough as you are the main character of your own story, paving the way of the road you're riding to, making the reel of your life a worthy of journey to reminiscence so I'm dedicating this award to all the people out there as a symbol of new beginning, that you don't need to be the C.E.O of a company, a popular school girl, or a lead of a movie, all you need to do is to lead your own life towards the breakthrough of your own story." I smiled at them.

Once again, clamorous claps echoed around the stadium. I smiled and bowed down before I walk down from the stage with my red mermaid sweetheart dress.

"Wow, thank you for that wonderful speech, Ms. Racle Valentina Clifton. You really deserve to have the oscar for the best actress." The host commented on the stage.

I laughed and sat on the chair I occupied earlier.

"Congratulations. You deserve it." Jake smiled beside me.

"Yup. Thanks."

Jake and my movie named "Love me, Hate me" became a successful hit blockbuster that even if I wasn't involved during the promotion, I still have this award with me.

"And the academy award for the best supporting actor goes to . . ."

Suspense music started beating, attentive attention were all on the screen, gasped of the fans were evident but my eyes remained at the man on the screen that was nominated, he's just a new actor, who would've thought he'd reach this far.

I'm proud of you.

"Aldric from the movie Love me, Hate me, Aiden Drane Alonzo!"

Loud shouts from the fans became deafening, many stood and clap but no one came in the stage.

Everyone became quiet. Many were looking at the stage, finding for his presence but I know the reason why he wasn't here, I just hope my hunch were wrong. He shouldn't let go of this opportunity yet he did.

Because he knew . . . how much I hate him. How much I don't want to see his face right now even when a year had already passed since the last time I fought and talked to him.

"Oh. It looks like our best actor didn't attend the ceremony." The host said when the staff motioned something to him.

I wonder how can he let go of his dreams that easily?

"We'll have a reunion party later." Jake informed me.

I nodded. I already expected that since our movie won the best picture award, best screenplay and best cinematography, even Daviz Blaze Aragon--- Mr. Director, won the best directing award while Naomi, our Producer won the award for producer of the year, Jake on the other hand was the one who took the best actor award and Jade for the best supporting actress.