Choosing the Tributes

Decided to use Sippin' On Fire by Flordia Georgia Line. Fits the Chapter very well. Super cool song; you gotta listen to it. Anyways, enjoy!

--------

Archer's POV

I sighed loudly as my dad and I approached the square. I fixed my vest once more and walked to where the boys would have to be standing. As I was walking over there, I saw a girl with amazing eyes staring at me. She blushed and turned her head, shoving a boy towards my side.

"I saw you looking at my sister," the boy said, waggling his eyebrows. "You got a thing for her?" I felt my heart quicken.

"Uh-"

"Welcome, welcome!" a silky voice cried, interrupting me. I turned and saw a woman with a green afro standing on the stage in the middle of the square.

"As you may know," she continued, "This year is the 100th District War. The competition is greater. Guns are, in fact, allowed to be used in this war. Just like they used to be. Which, of course, that gives people an unfair advantage."

"But, ever since the Capitol has fallen, people have become filled with more hope than they have ever been. And the creator of that hope is President Silver! Come on out, sir!"

The President walked out from behind some curtains. Sporting a grey look this year, huh? Silver arched his eyebrows, grinning at everyone. The people were silent. Every single person probably hates the president. I know people talk about him.

I watched as he exited the stage and walked over to a group of Peacekeepers before climbing in a black SUV. They drive away.

"Anyways," the woman continued, "Our female tribute."

She reached in a glass bowl and grabbed a slip of paper.

"Indigo Marie Evans."

Indigo's POV

I gasped loudly as my name echoed in the microphone. My mom let out a sob and collapsed in my dad's arms. Jay grabbed my hand as I walked up the stage.

"Come back home to us, please." he whispered, tears forming in his eyes. "I need my big sister to come out alive, okay?" I nodded.

I stood on the stage and stared out in the crowd. Mom was crying her heart out. Dad was standing there, holding her tightly. Jay gave me a wink, a tear spilling out of the eye he had closed.

"Now for the male tribute." the woman with the green hair said.

She reached in another bowl and pulled out a slip of paper.

"Archer J. Demascus."

Archer's POV

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder.

"Be good, son," dad whispered in my ear.

"Remember who the real enemy is." I nodded and walked up the stage.

"Let's give a hand to our two tributes!

The crowd started to clap. The tribute girl's family clapped too, tears streaming down their faces.

I grabbed the girls hand and a numbness shot through the hand she was holding, almost as if I was being electrocuted.

"Hi, I'm Indigo." she said, a sly smile on her gorgeous tan face. My heart raced.

I realized something unthinkable.

Indigo's POV

I watched as a boy with rippling muscles walked on the stage. His dark black hair glistened in the sun, making it look like raven feathers.

He gave me a warm smile and I felt myself blush. Archer Demascus, what a cool name, I thought.

I gasped as he grabbed my hand. Electricity shot through my body, almost as if I was being electrocuted by his touch.

Then, I realized something.

Indigo and Archer's POV

I'm in love with my fellow tribute, the one that I'm supposed to kill.

----

(The reason why I said it was both of their POV's was because they realized at the same time.)