Chariot Ride

(I know that I'm skipping days but I really want to go ahead and get them in the arena!) ;)

Indigo's POV

I sat in the remake room, drumming my fingers on the cot as I waited to meet my stylist. The remake team had already worked on me. Tessa said the stylist is awesome, I hope she's right.

I turned my head to see a tall, handsome man with skin the color of chocolate walk in the room. Pink eyeliner lined his golden brown eyes. He gave me a warm smile and put a hand on my leg.

"Hello Indigo , my name is Darius."

I gave him a tiny smile. He stood there for a moment before finally remembering what he was in here for.

"Oh, I was thinking of a beautiful idea for your clothing. My fellow stylist, Royal, agrees."

"So, what is it?"

"Have you seen the Quarter Quell that Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark was in?"

"Of course!"

He laughed. "Well, I was thinking we could copy that idea, but instead of flames coming off of it, we could do sparks."

"Sparks?"

"Well, since your district is power, why not? I mean, sparks are a part of electricity, right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I think it's a good idea. And the sparks will be light blue, lavender, and hot pink to symbolize the colors that the Capitol will appreciate, and the dress will be silver to show that power."

"Cool! So, what about makeup?"

"I was thinking about a dramatic cat eye."

"Hair?"

"Hey I can't give you all the details! It will be put in the style you wore at the Reaping."

"Will Archers suit look like my dress?"

"Yes."

He handed me the dress that hung on a rack, along with the pair of lavender shoes I wore at the Reaping. He also handed me a tiny panel with a red button on it. "When you're ready, press this." Darius muttered.

"Slip this on and I'll do your makeup." said, turning so I could have a little privacy.

After I slipped on the dress, Darius did my makeup.

"Beautiful," he said, inspecting his masterpiece.

"How do I look?" I asked, eager to see for myself.

"Why don't you take a look?" he said, gesturing his hand to a floor length mirror.

I walked over to it and gasped. I looked amazing! Not like the shy, unconfident 17 year old at the Reaping, but a older version of me.

Darius put his hands on my shoulders from behind. I saw a smile form on his face through the mirrors glass.

"When that Archer boy sees you," he whispered in my ear,

"Sparks will fly."
-----------

I walked out of the prep building to see Archer standing by our chariot. I swear, when he made eye contact with me, his mouth fell to the floor!

"You look incredible." he murmured, his soft lips brushing against my ear. He, was, in fact, wearing a silver vest with matching pants.

"Thirty seconds until release of the chariots." the announcers voice said, echoing in the dome that surrounded us from the Capitol's people who were cheering for us in the crowd.

I stepped in the chariot with Archer beside me.

"Ten seconds until release."

I gave Archer the button that would activate our sparks.

"What's this?" he asked.

A smile spread across my face. "You'll see."
---------
I watched as the other tributes chariots rode out into the open, looking ridiculous in their 'costumes'.

"District Five, everyone!" Matt Flickerman said over the intercom.

Our horses started to move. I gasped as thousands of people started to cheer for us.

Archer lifted up his left hand and pressed the red button.

Suddenly, a sizzling sound formed behind me. I looked behind me and gasped.

Sparks were flying off of our clothes!

I grabbed Archer's hand and lifted it up, showing that we weren't 'one of those tributes'.

The crowd started to roar. Matt Flickerman high-fived his partner.

Our chariot rode in front of the president's throne, which towered off of the ground.

"Welcome tributes to the 100th annual district war," he said into a microphone,

"And may the odds be ever in your favour."

Confusion started to fill my brain. Wasn't that phrase outlawed or something? The president gave a fake smile and sat back down on his throne. I glared at him, hoping that I my gaze had burned his evil soul.
---------

Archer's POV

"That was amazing!" Royal screamed when we all got back in our suites.

They all gave Indigo and I hugs. I planted a kiss on her lips to show them how much she meant to me.

Royal and Tessa went 'awww' while Darius gave me a thumbs up.

I smiled and walked in my room.

I fell in a deep sleep, dreaming of Indigo's amazing eyes.