Training~Part Two

Indigo's POV

I coughed as a cloud of smoke rose in front of me. I took a good look at the dummy. I had shot it in the heart. Fake blood gushed like a fountain from the wound.

Archer gave me a thumbs up and got ready to fire his gun.

He took a slow breath and held the AK-47 at his shoulder, his sapphire eyes transfixed on the target.

He fired. Once. Twice. Three times.

Blood sprayed from the dummy's head as it exploded, covering the walls behind it in a sticky red liquid.

I ran over and gave him a high five.

"Hey," a voice said from behind us. We both turned and I saw a girl with red hair and freckles staring at us. A boy who just like the girl stood behind her.

"Hi, I'm Ruby. This here, is my twin brother Ryan." The boy gave a small wave.

"So, would you like to team up with us?"

"Team up?" Archer and I asked at the same time.

She nodded. "Two districts can team up. So, since we are both from good districts-"

"Whoa, wait," Archer said, interrupting her, "What district?"

"Four." the girl replied.

Archer nodded. "Sounds good to me. What do you think, Indigo?"

I gave them a small smile and nodded.

"Okay." We cheered and gave each other high-fives.

This war is going to get a little easier; with their help of course.