Chapter 2, would you be impressed

Woody walked into Cookbook's room. They where laying down and drawing. They had been oblivious to the chaos and evil infecting the world. Woody was not having it.

"Outside." Woody said.

"What for?"

"Important."

"Oh ok!"

Cookbook put his things to the side and walked outside the door. Taco was sitting on the couch, and put her metal leg on. Cookbook was told that she fell and broke it, but he was always skepitcal about it.

"Whats up mom?"

"I want to show you the outside."

"The outside you hid me from for years?"

"Yes, that one."

Taco stood up and walked to the door. Cookbook walked beside her. As Taco opened the door, when cookbook wished to see beautiful green life, it was a dull grey-green and trees with no leaves. Houses around them were mostly broken down.

Cookbook took a step outside, and felt the warm air hit him, and it was very humid. He looked around, sure it was only a year, but had life become a waste land over that small time frame?

He turned around and saw the house was gone.

"What the hell?"

"Follow." a chilled voice called.

Cookbook spun around in fear. He saw a dark shadow next to him. It began to walk away, so he followed it. They walked down the sidewalk, and turned into a small park in the middle of the neighborhood.

He saw teardrop sitting in despair.

"Hey are you ok?"

Teardrop looked at him and began to turn black, and black voids expanded all around. Cookbook lost his footing and fell into the blackness. Eyes followed him down, and he began to lose his breath. He stopped panicking, and closed his eyes.

Cookbook sat up on the floor. He looked around his room and it was normal. A bit of light was in his room, he stood and walked to his window. Despite thinking he was going to see a broken town of ashes, it was a sunrise, green grass that was tinted a pinkish-red and trees with leaves and blossoms.

Cookbook breathed a sigh of relief. He keeps the curtains open, and walked back to their bed. He sat and laid down, taking in the daylight before going out of his room. He sat up and walked to his door. He opened it and closed it behind him. He saw woody sleeping just beside his door in the hallway. He knew taco told him to protect him, but he wouldn't think they'd go this far.

Woody opened his eyes and looked at him for a second, before closing his eyes again. Cookbook walked down the hallway and turned into the kitchen. Cookbook realized that Woody had eyes, and his eye patches weren't on.

Cookbook didn't have the courage to ask him about it, so he walked to the fridge and looked inside. He reached in and took an apple juice from the fridge. He walked to the living room and sat on the couch. This was a usual day for him, his parents would leave for a while to look for supplies, and come back near the end of the day. This was one of the reasons Woody would watch over him.

Cookbook opened the apple juice and took a sip. He wanted a change in his normal day. He rarely sees his parents anymore. He put the juice down, got up and walked to the kitchen. He opened the drawer and carefully pulled out a knife from it.

He carefully closed the drawer and walked to the couch. He took his apple juice and walked to the door. He breathed in, then grabbed the door knob, and turned it, opening the door.