Chapter 23

Kaheim's POV

Today didn't go the way I hoped. These rouges were becoming a great headache and I didn't like it. I met with a few packs in the area and no one could give any concrete information to why these rouges are operating as a if they are in a pack.

I need to figure this out so I can focus on Sarah and our life together.

Thinking about my mate had my smiling. These past few weeks have being heavenly, getting to know my mate and what makes her tick.

Chuckling I remember when I got her the clothes and practically moved her in with me. I don't know what she had expect would have had happen. After so many decades I have finally found my mate nothing as simple as living together was going to keep us apart.

Taking a quick shower, I put on some clothes and went to get something to eat.

I want so much to bring up the conversation about Florida to her but with how her life has being I'm not sure how she may take to the move and being a Luna.

Guess we will get to that eventually and hopefully soon.

Sitting on the couch, turning on the television.

"Hey"

I heard Zac from the pack here in LA say through the mind link. He is the "alpha" at the one of the packs that's in my control.

"Yes" I said through the link, scrolling the movies.

"There have being reports of rouges close to you"

Being more alert I turn the TV off and got up from the couch at the same time my cell begin to ring I answered it immediately knowing deep down who it was.

"Hi baby" I said hoping to the Gods she was just telling me to come get her. Pushing my feet in my boots.

"I think the wolves are back" I heard her whisper and my heart froze.

"Where exactly did the reports say the wolves are?" I said into the link. While asking Sarah where she was and hearing her response at the same time Zac answered at the park.

Grabbing my keys and heading out the door.

Telling Sarah I'm on my way but she never respond a cold voice instead said something that made the blood freeze in my body and King coming to the fore front.

I jumped from the truck before I transformed and took off to the right where I know the park was located.

King was after blood and I'm not going to stop him, the person who dare to touch my mate will die before morning.

About a mile from the park the stench of rouges was heavily in the air and I knew I was at the right place.

I could hear other wolves about a mile behind me and I figured that they were from Zac's pack. I tore through the opening in the forest just in time to see a car driving away and I knew that my mate was in it.

I blindly went head on trying to reach the car when something struct me down. I got up only to see that I was surrounded by rouges, I attacked and took down three before Zac and the others came through the tree and took out the others but by then my mate was gone.

Rage like I never felt before ran through me and I wanted to rip the heads off each rouge all over again.

I growled and felt the power I had kept under control for years radiated from me.

I heard whimpers and turned to see all the wolves whimpering and kneeling. There was about six of them in total and I realize what I was doing.

I fought to take control of King and my power. I've never lost this much control on years.

I shift and gave the others permission to do the same.

"My mate was in the car that left here I need every camera footage and everyone out searching for her."

Zac nodded his head understanding immediately why I reacted the way I did since it was only last year that he met his mate and was placed in a situation where he had to search for her after rouges had her. No one knew why they took his mate then.

Zac barked orders to the wolves they took off immediately in different directions. A truck pulled up at the gates and Zac strolled to it. He spoke to someone inside and came back with a laptop.

"Footage from that building shows the plates on the car and which direction it went. We also traced the plates on the car and it's for a Vasper Smith who lives on Burbon Street. Someone is already on the way there and will report in a bit what was found." Zac said while showing me the video of when Sarah entered the park to when she was carried out.

Zac paused for a bit then said "there is no sign that Vasper Smith has lived at his home for awhile and the neighbours confirms this."

"So he is a rouge, but he has made a mistake tonight. Before they only moved as wolves so the come and go through the woods but tonight they use a vehicle and we have a name. Find out everything about him, where he works, who he knows everything. Was the car spotted again?" I said.

"Yes cameras have picked up the car heading west we are trying to catch up to it."

Jumping into the van we head west.
This will end tonight, whoever was leading those rouges will meet me tonight and they will pay for touching my mate. Rage filling every part of my being.