How We Started Out

Today we talk deeply but as I recall the first thing we talked about was math homework.
New school.
New friends.
New classes.
New boys.
It was my first day.
He was the first boy I saw.
He's the first thing I ever truley noticed in the morning from that day out.
He was exactly who he is now.
I was his math genius that he needed.
Everything then was perfect.
For the first few weeks I focused on getting used to the school. Talked to whoever talked to me, tried to fit it but in that attempt set a snobby mean rep to myself. I've never had a kind face that smiles all the time. I smile and laugh a lot but when I'm just daydreaming or paying attention to the teacher I have a straight face. I started getting into the wrong crowd, at least the wrong crowd for me. The topics discussed were uncomfortable but I played a long just to survive the weeks. Few weeks past and I started leaning more on my art class friend. She was kind and we had "regular" conversations. Our friendship arouse easily and we kept it. She became my best friend. We hung out at school and I went over to her house once that year. Luckily she knew Cameron. I expressed to her how I thought he was cute and she "shipped" it. She noticed our little flirting attempts.  Have you heard of playing footsie? Because we did that a lot. We laughed and joked about my seriousness for school. When he wasn't there I was upset. He was my morning cup of coffee and when you don't have that cup to wake you up your whole day is thrown off.