Tag

Gi-hun sat on his bed, he had just finished the meal provided for him by one of the soldiers. It wasn't the best, but it was better than nothing.

"Attention all players, please head out side for the next game. The soldiers will meet you there soon after their head count."

Gi-hun got up from his bed and put on his mask. We walked out of his room and stood in front of it. After the headcount was complete, Gi-hun and the rest of the soldiers went outside. Nothing looked out of the ordinary.

"Alright, players, the game you will be playing today is tag. The rules are simple. The person who is "it" must tag someone within 30 seconds. Failure to do so will result in elimination. I shall repeat the instructions..."

Gi-hun looked at the players, wondering who was going to be "it" first. And then the intercom came on.

"The first player to be "it" will be selected randomly. And it seems number 78 is first."

Gi-hun looked over to player 78. It was Hwang Jun-ho. Gi-hun felt the note he had written to him in one of his pockets.

Maybe after the game, I can give it to him, he thought.

"Let the game begin!" the intocom announced.

Immediately Hwang Jun-ho started darted towards players. They were all running in different directions. Hwang Jun-ho was quick to tag someone. The next person who was tagged was a girl. She had black hair, blue eyes, and a very athletic figure. Gi-hun was positive she would make it through the game. But as soon as she started to run, Gi-hun noticed that her speed wasn't matching up to the others. And the timer was ticking.

"I'm sorry player 11, but you have failed to tag a player. You have been eliminated," said the voice over the intercom. 

The girl was shot buy one of the soldiers that had a sniper and got her in the neck, making her bleed profusely.

"Alright, player 12, you're "it".

There's only about a few minutes to go, Gi-hun though. If I could just get past this game, I might have a chance to give Hwang the letter.

Hi-hun waited, hearing the sounds of multiple gun shots. After when seemed like hours, the intercom came on again.

"Thank you all players for participating in this game. You may now go to your room where your dinner will be served. The next game will be held in 48 hours."

As soon as the players started to be escorted by the soldiers. Gi-hun was near the back, so he couldn't get to Hwang. Once they were in their room, the soldiers got to work on the bodies. I was about to place on within an incinerator, when a soldier approached me.

"The Frontnan would like to speak with you. Please follow me."

Gi-hun was afraid he had done something wrong, but he did as instructed and followed the soldiers to the Frontman, who was waiting for him.

"Greeting soldier 158. I've summoned you here for a certain purpose. You're being promoted to the next rank. You haven't caused any trouble or chaos since you've been here. Please take this triangle mask."

Gi-hun slowly took off his mask and handed it over in exchange for a triangle one and put it on.

"Your job will mostly be the same. Observing players, and sorting the boxes. However, there is one rule that's changed."

"What's that?" Gi-hun asked.

"You will no longer be responsible for incinerating the dead bodies, instead, you'll be taking them to another room. The soldiers will instruct you. You may return to your duties."

Gi-hun followed the soldier that had escorted him to the same room that the bodies have in incarcerated in. As soon as Gi-hun grabbed one of the boxes, a soldier gestured him over.

"We take these boxes to a medical area where a doctor removes the healthy organs so we can get money. It's kind of a side gig. Take these boxes inside and you'll be relieved of your duties."

Gi-hun slid he boxes carefully to the medical room, where he found the doctor during a surgical procedure. Gi-hun did his best not to gag as someone's liver had been removed and placed in a white Styrofoam box filled with ice. Gi-hun quickly pushed the boxes towards the doctor and immediately went back to his room, where he sat looking up at the vent.

He climbed inside as quiet as he could and crawled around. He passed by a vent that looked to be a kitchen. And there were chefs preparing meals for the players. But something wasn't right. Each chef had sprinkled a bit of white powder onto the meals. At first, Gi-hun thought it was salt. ...But he didn't now any one who put salt on their peas. Gi-hun made a mental note in his mind and continued to crawl until he was looking down at the players. They were all laying in their beds, but Gi-hun noticed that Hwang Jun-ho was awake. And one one of the top bunks nearest to the vent above him.

Gi-hun wasted no time grabbing the note and slipping it into the slot of the vent. It landed on Hwang Jun-ho's chest, and he sat up, looking confused. Then Gi-hun watched as he opened the note to read it. A few minutes later, Hwang Jun-ho was looking around the room at the players. And then his eyes fell on the vent. Gi-hun gave it a soft tap before crawling back to his room. He took off his mask and laid down on his bed, closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.