4 - Bolt From The Blue

Milan, Italy 

Countess Ilana Owens is one of the most respected figures in the fashion world and during the Milan Fashion Week, she had persuaded her eldest son to join her in that city of Italy as a companion. Since her husband was busy and her two daughters now went back to their boarding school, Zachary was the only choice that she got. 

As an obedient son, Zachary just accepted his mother's request even though he really not interested in everything related to fashion and clothes. Previously, he was in an on and off relationship with Maddison James; the daughter of Alexandra James, a famous fashion designer in the United Kingdom. Working as a model for her mother's collections, Zachary had always been invited by her former flame to support her whenever she's in the runaway.

And guess what, he met her again with a new beau this time in Milan!  Zachary thought this kind of place was not meant to be for him and meeting her again was just like adding salt to the old wounds. The truth was she dumped him for a better man and he even caught her cheating countlessly behind his back. Maddison was part of his past and why should he bother about her albeit she came from a respectful family in England?

"Hi Zac. Was so great to meet you here." Maddison greeted him in a friendly tone but Zachary just rolled his eyes full of infuriation. Why should she act like a damn social butterfly and pretend like nothing ever happens when their past relationship broke because of her?

"Hi. Mind if I pardon myself." He responded mannerly. Even though he really hated her but he got a reputation to uphold so he just excuses himself from talking with her. Plus, what would the other people inside the show say about them since their broken romance happened recently and he did not want them to think otherwise!

Instantly, he walked quickly past her and headed straight to his mother. She was talking with a few women that he knew were socialites in Italy.  Zachary cursed multiple times. He did not know why he was so weak against his mother's request. He should not come here at once, and the appearances of Maddison have made him suffocating.

"Mother, mind if I talk to you for a minute?" He intruded on their conversations and stole his mother so he could be discussing something that had bothered him. Based on his anxious face, Countess Ilana knew that Zachary had an important thing to say and she just waited patiently for his words.

"Go on. Tell me what's wrong." She said calmly. Then she saw Maddison in the corner of the room with a man, far from them and automatically her brain knew the real answer to why Zachary was acting oddly. She sighed, feeling guilty for inviting her son to be with her in Milan when he could have peace of mind in the UK.

"Can we go home as soon as possible? This place has to cringe me up." Zachary told the reason why he wanted to leave Italy as fast as he could. But he just said it partially so his mother would not be worrying about Maddison and all of the people from his past.

"Sure. But before we leave, I want to stay a night in Milan and you, Zachary – do enjoy this city just like I did." The countess replied with a chuckle when she saw his wrinkling face. The mother and son left the complex that became the venue of the Milan Fashion Show and headed back to their hotel.

Soon after he arrived inside his luxurious suite, Zachary took a bath and was ready to crash on the bed not before his iPhone was vibrating. He answered the call and as he expected, his mother requested him to accompany her for a last-minute shopping spree. Under an annoying sighed, Zachary donned an appropriate attire and went to accompany his mother. 

Besides Paris, New York and London; Milan is known as the centre of fashion, textiles and designs therefore there are a lot of designer's boutiques and jewellery shops. Via Monte Napoleone – Europe's most expensive shop became the place where his mother spent her money and Zachary honestly felt terrified about it. He did not know how the woman could be spending huge amounts of money on something unnecessary such as clothes, handbags, heels and many more.