Chapter 10: The Brickfielder

Ce-Ce's eyes stared out from my computer screen.

"That's definitely her," Zomi said.

We leaned in together to read the information.

Cecelia Anderson

Missing since: Sunday, February 19, 2018

Last seen: Blackmans Bay, Tasmania

Responsible jurisdiction: TAS

Year of birth: 1992

Age now: 30

Sex: Female

Height: 175cm

Build: Slim

Hair: Fair

Eyes: Blue

Complexion: Fair

Distinguishing Features: Appendix scar and butterfly tattoo on left ribcage.

Circumstances

On 19 February 2018, Cecelia Anderson left her Blackmans Bay residence to spend a weekend away with unknown person(s).
She contacted family by phone the next day to tell them she was having a good time. The call was later traced to the Central Highlands area of Derwent Bridge.
Cecelia has failed to contact family or friends since.
If you have information that may assist police to locate Cecelia please call Crime Stoppers.

"Poor Ce-Ce," I said.

"She might be okay," Zomi said.

"But why would she just leave her family hanging like that?" I asked. "I'd never do that—just leave and not tell anyone I was okay."

"Me either. But we don't know what she was going through. Maybe she did have a boyfriend and maybe he got violent or something and she needed to disappear."

"Yeah, and maybe he made her disappear," I said grimly.

Zomi shrugged. "You should ask Andy about it."

I stared at her. "You know, that is a great idea!" I didn't know why I hadn't thought of it already. Andy was my cousin's husband. He was always good for a laugh, but he was also a Detective Sergeant at Hobart's Criminal Investigation Branch. He was the perfect person to give Ce-Ce's book to.

#

Andy sat across the table from me, his normally laughing blue eyes sharp and serious. He wasn't wearing a uniform but he might as well have been. He looked more like a police officer than I'd ever seen him look.

"So, when you were searching for Ce-Ce, did you meet anyone who said they knew her?"

"No. Like I said, nobody recognised her, except the woman who's living in her old house."

"Right. Did you show her photos to many people?"

"No. Not that many. Mainly just Zomi and Leo."

"Leo?"

"Yeah. He's a guy I met when I was looking for her. A bird photographer. He's pretty good, too. He loved that I was trying to find her, and he knew most of the spots in the book so he took me to them. Actually, we're still going to them."

"Did he recognise Cecelia?"

"No. He never met her. He's just seen the photos."

Andy fell silent as he slowly turned the pages of the book. "I'll need the address of the company that sent you this."