Don't Cry in the Bathroom

"Oh..." Inuzuka stared disappointedly at a paper on the school's volley court entrance. "They closed it."

A huge crowd of students stood in front of the entrance muttering in a chaotic cohesion.

"Eh?" Kyou said. "That's not right!"

The group sighed, except Y/n whose demeanor seemed unchanged. "Now what?" he asked.

"I guess we're just going home today," Shikimori said.

"That's too bad," Y/n responded with his straight face.

The court was never opened so the day continued like any other.

At the last class of the day, Y/n went to the restroom, an unfortunate thing that high schoolers must do. The stalls were covered in graffiti that used vile language, a tongue that Y/n once spoke while he was in America. But that was just the past. 

He entered the small, miserable bathroom stall which may have been brought from the European medieval age itself.

"Yo did you see Shikimori today?" Y/n heard a voice enter bathroom. 

"She's as pretty as ever."

"Dude was a cutie!"

Y/n sighed internally at the  boys, because it never felt good to hear these kinds of talks. 

"I don't why she likes that dude Izumi, though," a third speaker said coldly. "He's such a wimp!"

"Exactly!" one guy agreed.

"You guys are so simple-minded. You wanna know the real reason she likes him?"

"Yeah."

"There a lot of explanations for this kind of behavior," he explained with a snobbishly intelligent voice. "Shikimori,  she wants to play superhero. And for her, Izumi just turns out to be the best victim: he's really clumsy, unluckily, and isn't good at anything in general. Plus, since he's such a huge burden, her motherly instincts always kick into play! That's the messed dynamic their relationship is. Before you know it, she'll get tired of him, and move on. "

"...I guess that makes a lot of sense."

"Yeah, she's just doing this for popularity."

Y/n quietly exited his bathroom stall. His eyebrows scrunched together like two spears clashing together, and his fists were clenched into rocks. "Hey..." Y/n growled. "You guys... forgot to wash your hands..."

"Ah..."

The frightened boys stood in front of Y/n like a pack of lambs. 

"L-let's just leave, this place stinks," one of them stuffed their hands into their pockets.

They rushed out of the bathroom. "Morons," Y/n began to wash his hands. "Shikimori is nothing like that... right?"

He stared down at the small vortex forming around the drain of the faucet.

Suddenly, a small sob erupted from one of the stalls from a voice a that Y/n recognized too well. "Izumi?" Y/n called.

Izumi lethargically walked out of his bathroom stall sniffling. Y/n stared at him silently. "Uh..." Y/n tried to put on a comforting voice. "Sorry you had to hear that."

Izumi broke into tears, and fell on to the floor. "I-I'm so useless..." he cried.

Please don't seat on the bathroom floor, Y/n thought.