Chapter 32

Lifen's (Arthit's Mom) POV

After the wonderful picnic in the park both my husband and I were drained. Happy, but drained. And I think Kongpob, too, had a good day with everyone, despite the hiccup due to the arrival of the bodyguards in the morning. 

Even though his problems are far from solved and he'd have to get back to reality soon enough, he deserved this day to just forget about everything and be a kid. It was heartwarming to watch him play with Joy and the twins. He looked so happy and relaxed, miles away from the sad and heartbroken boy from last night. 

It was around five in the evening when we got home and my husband and I helped carry the two sleeping children in to the house. Settling them in the room the three took turns to shower and wash away the dust and grime of the day. Just when my husband joined Krithi and I for a cup of tea the door bell rang.

It has only been about thirty minutes since we got home and it would have taken another 45 minutes for the others to come back with our dinner. So it was probably our neighbor this time so I went to open the door. What I did not expect however was two very distinguished looking people to have rung the bell. 

I was a bit startled at first and did not see the third person behind the two. 

'Mrs. Rojanapat?' The only lady among the trio asked with a friendly smile. She looked to be in her late thirties while the gentleman with her Dressed in a navy blue, high color, tea length dress completed with beautiful pearl earrings, her beauty took second place to her charisma.

'Yes. May I know who's asking?' I asked politely. It would be dishonest to say that I had no idea to whom they might be related to at that point. I mean, looking at the million dollar ensemble of the two people, there is no one we know capable of such spending other than Kongpob.

'Hello madam, I am Maitri, Kongpob's sister and this is my father and his PA, Tharak.' She said indicating the two gentlemen. The gentleman to her right, who looked to be in his late sixties nodded with a friendly expression while the bespectacled gentleman standing behind the two bowed. 

It wouldn't be wrong to say I was not a little intimidated by the duo of father and daughter. Knowing how important and powerful they are, it felt wrong to leave them hanging at our doorstep.

'Hello, it's nice to meet you. Please come in.' I said opening the door wide in a welcoming gesture. The trio came in after thanking and excusing themselves.

'Please make yourselves comfortable.' I said indicating the sofa. My husband and Krithi must have heard us by then since they too joined us in the living room, both their expressions friendly yet curious.

'Honey, this is Kongpob's father, Khun Suthilak, his PA Khun Tharak and Kongpob's sister Khun Maitri.' I said introducing the three guests.

'Please, call me Maitri.' Kongpob's sister said with a smile before sitting down after her father.

'This is my husband and our daughter-in-law.' I finished the introduction. It was awkward as the six of us sat in the suddenly-very-small-living-room. Their was a round of small talk with us offering refreshment and them politely refusing, with them complementing (superfluously) our humble abode and we offering polite thanks etc.

After we ran out of small-talk topics we all sat for about a minute with no one saying anything. It would have gotten very awkward had Kongpob's sister not spoken.

'This is rather embarrassing, but my father and I both felt that waiting is not a good option. I would like to first apologize that your family has to be inconvenienced due to our family's problems.' Kongpob's sister said, her tone humble.