Chapter 11

"Princess Winter Blackburn of Luna and Sir Jacin clay!" An announcer shouted as Jacin and Winter walked down the stairs to the ballroom, arms linked.

"Miss Crescent Darnel and Captain Carswell Thorne!"
"Told you I could get them to say captain!" Thorne whispered, nudging Scar and Cinder.

"Mrs Scarlet Benoit-Kesley and Mr Ze'ev Benoit-Kelsey!"
Scarlet grimaced as she had to walk down the stairs, everyone watching her and Wolf.
"I hate this," Scar whispered.
"Same" Wolf replied.

"Miss Iko, er" the announcer yelled, looking for a last name on the list of names on his port for the people he had to announce, obviously not finding one.
Iko walked down, relishing every second of all eyes on her.

"And last but not least, Her majesty, queen Selene Blackburn of Luna and his highness, emperor Kaito of The eastern commonwealth!"
Scarlet caught a flash of a grimace on Cinder's face too from her spot on the stairs while the audience applauded louder than they did for the others.

As some of the guests of honor for helping save the world, the whole rampion crew had to sit at a huge table only a few strides from the table Kai, Cinder, Winter, (since she was a royal) Jacin and the rest of the representatives from around the world were.

The five leftover members of the crew, Scarlet, Wolf, Thorne, Cress and Iko.
"This is nice," Cress said to start a conversation.
"What's nice?" Thorne asked, putting a bite of the sesame beef they had been served.
"The ballroom"

She was right, the ballroom had flowers of all shapes and sizes, traditional decorations from all 6 counties and Luna, carefully decorated tables with huge lily and rose centerpieces and huge crystal chandeliers and romantic soft lighting.

"Yet the food is gross," Scarlet said, stabbing her appetizer with a fork.
"I'll eat it" Wolf said, shrugging, swallowing the last piece of his beef.
Scarlet switched plates with him while Iko pretended to eat. Almost everyone knew she was not a real person, but she still pretended to eat and drink to try to fit in.

After the other courses (none of which anyone apart from Wolf was fond of) people had to waltz.
"Shall we?" Thorne asked Cress, standing up and offering his arm.
"Want to dance?" Wolf asked coyly.
Scarlet stood up and trudged to the floor with him.

They swayed in time to the music and Scar spun around.
"Ouch," Wolf muttered.
"Sorry" Scarlet said, lifting her heel of his foot.

Wolf caught sight of Cinder and Kai slipping out of the palace into the garden after they had danced at least 6 dances, which wasn't very smart considering that this was one of the most important social events in history, the joining of Luna and earth.

"Are you ok? You look a bit pale. Well paler than usual" Iko said, looking carefully at Scar.
"Yeah" she replied softly.
"Sure?" Wolf asked.
"I'm fine!" Scarlet shouted and Wolf shrank back.

"I'm gonna be sick," Scar said and ran towards the bathroom.
Wolf ran after her and so did Iko.

Scarlet burst into the bathroom and Wolf tried to go in too, but Iko shoved him aside and said "no, no no Mr, you can't go in there!"
"Screw it!" Wolf shouted and ran in.

"This is huge" He said, shocked, looking at the fancy couches and crystal vases. Woah, he has a short attention span.

"Scarlet! Where are you?" Wolf asked the whole room.
"Here" Her heard a voice say in the last stall. He broke the lock, not thinking what else to do and saw Scarlet sitting on the floor by the toilet, white as a sheet of paper.

Wolf kneeled behind her as Iko stormed in and ordered "out! I'll take care of it"
"I'm fine," she said with a weak smile. "The dinner just didn't sit well with me"

"Iko, can you tell the others Scar and I are going back to the room?"
"I'm fine, really"
"Nonsense, I'll tell the others, go, go!" Iko waved her hands towards the door.

Wolf helped her up and walked back to their room.
"Are you gonna change?" Wolf asked as he saw Scarlet sit on the bed.
"I'm so tired but this thing is so uncomfortable" She replied, undoing the buttons as she walked into the bathroom.

"It was just food poisoning, I'm fine" Scarlet told Wolf the next day.
"No it's not fine. You got sick and I am gonna talk to Kai about this"
"Ugh. Do it, you're not going to get anything out of it" She replied, throwing her hands in the air.

"Ok, you go, but not in your pajamas," Scar said, raising her eyebrows.
Wolf looked down and said "good point" and stormed off to change.

When he emerged they headed to the dining room to meet the crew for breakfast.
"I heard what happened, are you ok?" Cress asked worriedly
"Scarlet-friend! There you are!" Winter cried, pulling Scar into a tight embrace.

"Guys, I'm fine. The food didn't settle well with me"
"Well, it's good you're ok," Thorne muttered, squinting.
"Thorne, not being rude. Its unsetteling" Scarlet said.

"Kai, this is your fault" Wolf said
"Is not!" Cinder replied defensively.
"Come on guys, you're not little kids," Jacin added.

Scarlet pulled Wolf away and looked him in the eyes and said "I. Am. Fine."

After the Scarlet-getting-sick fiasco and breakfast was over, they said their goodbyes as Cress, Thorne, Scarlet and Wolf boarded the Rampion. Cress and Thorne were dropping them off in France and then continuing their antidote distribution.