Chapter 1: The Move

Start writing your story

Sam's POV:

"Alright, here we are. Our new home." I stand satisfied next to my gorgeous wife, Carly, as we exit the car to look at the gleaming two story house. 

"Perfect, don't you think?" Carly replies. 

"I think you're perfect." 

Smiling, I take Carly's hand and lead her toward the porch. "I love you."

"I love you too Sam," Carly replies, staring deeply into my eyes.  

I gently kiss her. Leaning her head on my shoulder, I listen to her breathing and the rise and fall of her chest.

"Sam?" Carly asks. 

"Mhm?"

"What are we doing here?"

I lean back to look into her eyes. "We're starting a new life."

"In a place where we've never gone?"

"Don't knock it 'til you try it," I joke.

"Sam," her harsh tone catches me by surprise.

"Don't worry, we'll make it. Okay?" I kiss her forehead.

"Okay."

I feel the nod of her head and eventually hear the steady breathing of her slumber.

"Car?" I whisper.

She's asleep. I gently take her into her arms, carrying her bridal style into the house, to the master bedroom, and lay her on the bed preset in the room.

"Sweet dreams, babe."

After covering her with blankets, I head toward the car to unload our belongings. Once I set everything up, I once again sit on the porch. Staring up at the stars is what brings me peace.

"Are we doing the right thing?" I ask myself. "Is it too much? Especially after everything we've been through." I sigh, hoping Carly and I are making the right decision of hoping for a normal life.

"I hope it's enough," I whisper to no one.

I hope I'm enough.