v.

v.excuses-

“uhm, i-” i stutter as harry looks at me expectantly.

“yeah? do you want to? i want you to meet my friends,” he smiled as i fiddled with my fingers.

“b-but i met your friends already right?” i try to smile but it comes off as forced.

“yep but louis and zayn aren't my only friends!” he laughed.

“i don't know, what if they don't like me?” i make up excuses in my mind.

“i'm sure they will, they're pretty chill isabella.” his bright smile makes it even harder for me to resist but i really can't go.

“i- maybe another time?” i look at him nervously.

“oh, okay,” his smile falters slightly but he quickly catches himself and turns it back to his previous expression.

“i'm sorry harry but i have to do something tonight,” i look down at my feet.

“no, it's fine really. so i'll see you tomorrow?” he ruffles my hair while grinning.

“of course, yeah,” i smile at him.

“bye, isabella!” he ran out the school doors and left me standing in front of my locker.

that was close.

i shut my locker and i heard a ring echoing through the hallway. i pull my phone out of my purse and saw that my mom was calling me.

“hey mom,” i greet as i walk out of the school.

“where are you, bella!? i have been waiting for 10 minutes!” she scolds me through the phone.

“i'm sorry mom, i'm on my way out,” i sigh as i hang up on her. it's like i can never get time for myself.

i was walking out the school doors when i heard a laugh.

i turned to find where it came from  and saw harry talking- no, flirting - with a girl who i recognize is from one of my classes.

i didn't realize i stopped walking until harry turned to face me.

i smiled at him awkwardly and continued walking to where my mom is waiting for me.

“isabella!” i heard harry's voice from behind me right when i saw my mom's car.

“isabella wait!” i turn around to see him nearing me.

my eyes widened and in panic, i ran to my mom's car, hopped inside and locked the door.

yeah you don't look suspicious at all. my subconscious snickers at me.

“let's go mom,” i rush her. she looks at me funnily then rolls her eyes and drives.

i sigh in relief and glanced at my mom. already knowing the thoughts that must be running through her mind.

“what was that about, bella?” my mom asks me with a frown, not taking her eyes off the road.

“nothing mother, don't worry about it.” i look outside the window.

“it better be nothing, you know how boys are and i don't want you getting involved with them. they're nothing but trouble.” she lectures me, yet again.

i stay quiet and just nodded.

she's not wrong though, boys ARE trouble.

we arrive home and i get out of the car as soon as my mom put it in park. i unlock the front door and quickly went inside, with the intent of avoiding any more questions from my mother.

i ran upstairs to my room, locked my door and changed from my school clothes to my comfy ones. i was exhausted from socializing at school today, i feel my energy leave my body more everytime a person talks to me. it was just one of those days. i tried to get it out of my thoughts, but harry running after me when i saw him flirting with another girl was weird. why did he feel the need to run after me? he is so confusing and my head hurts from thinking too much about it.

i hear footsteps coming from the staircase and i know it's my mum coming to talk to me. i pretend to be asleep, even though i locked the door. better to be safe than sorry.

a knock sounds through my bedroom door and my mother's voice can be heard from the other side, “isabella, we need to talk.”

i shut my eyes and ignore her. i don't know why i'm scared to talk to her now, i didn't really do anything wrong but she makes me feel like i did.

“open the door right now, don't pretend you don't hear me.” she says in a clipped tone.

i stay silent and hug my pillow as i wait for her to give up. i mean, we can talk later at dinner if she wants to. i'm just so drained right now that everything she says will either irritate me or make nervous. the latter one having the higher chance of happening.

i hear another couple of knocks then a sigh followed afterwards. the sound footsteps walking away from my bedroom door made me sigh in relief. at least i don't have to deal with it right now.

i take a nap to attempt gaining just a bit more energy to get through dinner tonight.

hopefully i can explain myself clearly so my mother can stop her suspicions about harry.

_____________________________

does anybody read this book? pls comment ur thoughts about it hehe