Chapter 2

They ran as fast as their feet would, carrying the bags of money in their hands or hanging from their shoulders. They were heavy and bulky, but they were young and strong, they could carry measly bags of money.

The new young Purple Dragons made their way to Chinatown to the abandoned fortune cookie factory, the old headquarters of the Dragons when the turtles were young. Now there were things like old couches, some mattresses lying on the floor, Christmas lights lit up the place and there was a lot of neon paint graffiti on the walls, mainly purple oriental dragons devouring turtles in blue, red, orange, purple, aqua and yellow. They probably painted them in yesteryear.

In addition to that there were several young people, boys, girls and people of indefinite gender, dancing, drinking, playing arcade or card games and smoking, while metal music was playing quite loud. They all wore at least one purple garment.

From the upper deck, two young men of less than 20 years old watched the kids pass through the crowd. One had close-cropped hair and was fairly stocky in muscle, while the other was scrawny, dyed-blond curls were sticking out of a black beanie, and he had piercings. They both had tattoos and were African American.

The blond curly-haired man set his drink can aside and tapped his companion lightly to get his attention.

"Look at that, Keshawn, the brats are back," he said in a mocking tone. "Aaaand it looks like they got the job done,"

"Mhm. It seems so, Myron," Keshawn replied with little interest. He got up from the railing. "Come on, the boss will want us around when they come,"

The five youngsters climbed the stairs to the upper floor, finding six grown men: Hun and his henchmen.

Hun had some gray hairs, but he still looked in pretty good shape for a 50-something. Fong had grown a fuller beard, Sid had a low ponytail, Tsoi shaved off his mustache, and Keshawn and Myron were there too.

"I see you brought back a loot," Hun spoke in his thick voice, smiling with pleasure. "Were there any complications?"

"Um..."

"Nothing to worry about, Hun," assured Kim, the Korean, interrupting Andy, the Latin kid of indefinite gender. He proudly displayed two bags of money and placed them on the ground. "We practically emptied the bank,"

"I heard sirens from over here, is there something you're not telling us?"

"Well, Myron," Raven, the girl with the dreadlocks, spoke to the young man with blond curls. "Now that you ask, Feng was the one who set off the alarm,"

"Now it turns out it's my fault?!"

"Silence!" bellowed the leader of the Dragoons. He stood up, since he was sitting on a kind of throne, and approached the kids. "Open them,"

Fong reached out with a knife and cut the knot of each bag that the youngsters brought, but what came out of them were not bills; what fell were dirty diapers, banana peels, empty cans, garbage to summarize.

The kids were terrified when they saw that they hadn't brought the money that cost them so much to steal, but above all it was Hun's look that made them nervous along with the barely concealed laughter from Keshawn and Myron.

Hun walked over to Kim and put a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it.

"I want the truth, what happened?"

"Some kids in black jumpsuits and masks came to ambush us," explained Curtis, the big blond, nervously.

Hun was confused by the description. Black jumpsuits and masks?

"Be more specific," Fong ordered.

"One claimed to be the son of one of the Turtle Warriors," Andy explained nervously. Hun glared at them, and Andy ducked behind Feng out of reflex.