o n e

ka·na

ka·na

: a gender-neutral name of Japanese origin. The meaning of Kana is 'powerful'.

Unknowing of the power you will possess you are born into a world of curses and sorcerers. You are fated into one of the most powerful clans in all of Japan, but with powerful potential comes an odious childhood because until now Gojo Satoru was the only sorcerer to possess the sixth sense.

Hidden away for your childhood as your sole purpose was to be raised as a weapon for the selfish gain of popularity and power your father desired so dearly. Your eighth birthday quickly arrived, this was the first time in your life you were going to celebrate, of course, it wasn't really for you, as you quickly realized this was the chance for your egotistical father to show the almighty sixth sense you possess to ride his way to the top. Never once disclosed the prolonged abuse you suffered at the hands of him to become a sorcerer he so desired to have control of.

He grabbed your arm after you were finished being dressed by household servants and began pulling you to the crowd and quietly whispered, "smile and be quiet, they're all waiting for us so do not embarrass me."

He raised his hand to lure the crowd to gather around, "thank you all for coming to celebrate my beloved daughter's birthday, let her strength be shared with all of you. She is truly 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙤𝙣." he spews as he grips my wrist harder. Quickly once all the attention is on him, he pushes me to the side as I'm left unattended to myself. I make my way to a quiet area of the compound where you find a young boy by himself drawing in the dirt with a stick under a tree.

hesitant, I decide to make my way over to him, quickly admiring his dusty silver hair, you make eye contact with the prettiest lavender eyes you've ever seen. Shy and unsociable, something inside possessed you to sit with him in the mud. Staring at your shoes you build the courage to speak, "Hello, my name is Kana." you sheepishly blurt out, ignoring the proper formals of last names.

The cute boy looked at you and smiled while being memorized by your eyes, although his smile was hidden behind his collar he happily replied, "Konbu!"

Confusion was written all over your face as you struggled to comprehend.

"Konbu?"

The small boy quickly reaches for the stick and begins to write letters into the dirt. Reading the letter one by one you begin to put the pieces together.

"𝙄-𝙣-𝙪-𝙢-𝙖-𝙠-𝙞 𝙏-𝙤-𝙜-𝙚"

"Ooooh, is that your name!" you gleam with excitement.

His smile is hidden once again beneath the collar he wears, you quickly grab his hand and cheerfully ask little Inumaki the question that will change your life.

"Inumaki, would you please be my friend? I'm sure I can convince mama to let me see you. we could train together." You desperately grip his hand, hopeful of him saying yes.

The boy's eyes shine brighter than before as he excitingly reaches for your other hand and cheers out, "Shake!"

Still confused by the words the boy was using, you decided to embrace it and celebrate the achievement of your first friend.

After years of hidden play dates with Inumaki, thanks to your mother's pity. You've had the time of your life finally bonding with someone and doing anything else but training and study. Your beloved friendship was quickly and unknowingly coming to an end as your father arrived home earlier than expected. Witnessing the scene, he was fuming with anger. He rushed towards you and harshly grabbed your hair, you yelped as he used it to pull you from Inumaki, tears streaming down your cheek as you know the only normalcy you've had your entire life is so quickly gone.

𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒑

Years pass, you haven't seen Inumaki since, and the vigorous training your father punished you with only got more intense. The only connection to a social life you got was being able to communicate with Gojo Satoru, your relative and the only other sorcerer to possess the sixth sense. To your father, his demand was skill technique-based conversations only, but Gojo doesn't listen to anyone. He brought comfort as he always joked around. Soon did you realize Gojo was the out you needed.

He quickly became your key to rid the prison and abuse that is your father.

𝙅𝙪𝙟𝙪𝙩𝙨𝙪 𝙃𝙞𝙜𝙝

That was your out, your freedom, and the skill and power you possess made it an easy transfer for Gojo. Sixteen never felt so good because you knew they can't control you no longer.

You decided to not tell your father about your withdrawal from the Gojo clan. Officially now your new teacher, Gojo sensei came to pick you up with his assistant, Misato Kuroi.

"You'll be meeting the other first years, they're acting moving in the same time as you so you'll all fit in great. A cheerful class of four!" he gleamed.

"Sensei... there are only three students not including myself?" you questioned.

"Cursed users aren't easy to come by Kana."

You rolled up your window as anxiety washed over you, worrisome about what tantrum your father could possess, but you take a deep breath in as you feel for the first time in your life relief. Relief knowing you're not someone's pawn no longer, being able to use your gifted ability for good and not power.

You arrive at Tokyo's Prefectural Jujutsu High School, Gojo Sensei helps you gather your belongings and unpack. He notifies you the other students have already arrived and are currently unpacking their dorms and you'll all meet formally for training the next day.

𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒑

You wake up and haste-fully change into your new uniform (It's identical to Nobara's). You brush your long, straight, jet-black hair and fix your bangs. Brush your teeth, happily put your shoes on and begin to head to the training grounds, embracing the excitement of having sovereignty over yourself.

You see your classmates begin to gather in the group as you all approach around the same time. The closer you get the more details you make out of them. Eyeing the only boy, you think to yourself, "it couldn't be."

"Inumaki?"