Chapter one

I wake up to the giggling and screaming of my younger siblings, C.C and Elizabeth. I wake up much to my dismay and get dressed in my usual uncomfortable prince outfit since we have company today. I walk outside and down the stairs, The shouting of my siblings get louder as I get nearer.
"Good grief" I say breaking up the two fighting once I get near to them.
"He was teasing me!" El complains as I start to walk away, I have little to no interest in this fight.
"It doesn't matter" I pat her head a bit and walk into the dining room where my parents sit. I sit down next to my mother and put a napkin in my lap.
"Posture Mike" I hadn't even realized my back was slouching till she pointed it out.
"Apologies." I fix my posture best I can and my mother smiles at me. Sim that moment my siblings walk in giggling and sit down, My mother scolds them for being late. I feel bad for my siblings to be honest. They haven't had much of a childhood, Between them being the prince and princess, Not to mention them being dead, Most eyes are on them. I try my best to give them a childhood best I can.
The maid brings food for us all and I sit in silence as my family eats, Still trying to have good posture the entire time really hurts my back.
"Company is over at ten, two hours to get ready, So put your dishes in the sink and get going now." My mother orders and I nod sitting up and grabbing my siblings plates putting them in the sink for the maid.

*An hour later*
I help El get ready for the company, I've already been ready since this morning, I flatten her skirt and kiss her head ruffing her hair playfully while standing up. She grabs my hand and we walk downstairs where the rest of my family already is.
The face my mother makes when she sees El and Me is unreadable, She looks amused, then surprised? Then disgusted maybe?
"Oh goodness! Michael fix your tie and El comb your hair, Michael your cowlick is standing straight in the air!" She goes on for a while and I try to fix all that she wanted while also fixing all she wanted for El, I crouch down and fix El's hair and straighten her shirt
"You look very pretty!" I speak softly trying to lift her spirits from my mothers harsh judgements, I stand up and pat her head turning and fixing my tie again
"Alright The Carter family will be here soon."
I nod, The Carter family is the richest family in the world next to ours, I'm suppose to marry Amile Carter, I've known her since I was four, But I see her more as a sister. I dread marrying her. I hear a knock on the door, I think they're here.