C H A P T E R T H R E E

𝐄𝐔𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀
01x02 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍' 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄
𝐌𝐘 𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐘
Part Two

"Hi x" Maddy smiled at her phone, when she saw that Karlson finally messaged her. She messaged him back, One message led to the next and which both had written the whole night with each other at the end. The next day you could see the tiredness in Maddy's eyes. "Hey girl you good?" Maddy told her friends that she didn't catch any sleep last night, but the thought of why made her smile again. The girls kept walking as Jules passed by as BB pointed out that Jules and Karlson was the girl where the one who got into a fight with Nate. "Oh, right you both were busy getting fucked." Maddy stopped as she asked offended why everybody would think her and karlson fucked. Now Maddy knew she had an optic issue, along with a mountain of evidence against her. So, last night, while texting with Nate, Maddy had an idea. When you black out you don't remember blacking out. The girls ignored her and kept walking as Maddy catch up on them. "Alcohol is not good for me." Maddy stated. "So you did fucked him!" BB asked. "Honestly, I think, I blacked out." Cassie and BB asked her if Maddy was being serious. In mean time Kat had joined the others. "Oh, look! It's our new sexpert!" Maddy hugged her best friend and congratulated her for not being a virgin anymore. But now, when Kat told BB she lost her virginity, to some dude whose name she didn't remember, she knew she'd tell Maddy, and Cassie, and the rest of the fucking planet Earth. But that was kind of point, she was just relieved that it was no longer a thing.

Karlson missed the first two periods due that he overslept. He didn't felt bad in any way he was actually happy and he was even more happy that his mother, didn't noticed that he was running late. When he arrived at his locker, he rushed quickly to get into the gym. "Oh Mister Rivera, Nice that you still honor us with your presence." Mrs. Applegate said sarcastically. The boy apologized and sat down next to Nate Jacobs and Lexi Howards. Karlson didn't know what it was but the boy next to him made him feel uncomfortable yet Lexi being next to him gave him reassurance. "So, let's start with a little improvisation. I'd like each of you to get up and tell us a five-minute story about your summer." Mrs. Applegate looked around as she stopped looking at Rue. "Looks like we have our first volunteer! Rue." She said smiling. Rue wasn't happy at all that she picked exactly her from all the people. "Please don't do this to me." The girl begged her teacher. "Come on, everyone. Let's give her a little encouragement." Everyone clapped for her. Rue reluctantly stood up and walked onto the stage where everyones look was on her. "Uhh, a memory?" Mrs. Applegate nodded. "Yes, anything that had an impact on you this summer." You could see Rue was nervous. She tried hard as Karlson and Lexi exchanged looks. They both know what their friend did over the summer. Mrs. Applegate literally served Rue on a silver tablet to everyone and pushed the poor girl to talk. "Okay, uhh, I was with my mom and my little sister and we were, uh, listening to this song." Rue had an anxiety attack during the talking. Her eyes filled with tears as she reviewed her summer in her mind. "I'm sorry, but I-, I can't think of anything so.." Rue was about to cry as she decided that she is done. "Do I have to do this?" Karlson heard some girls talking about how She was a mess etc. He faces them in disbelief. Balling his hands to fist. Nate saw him tense up and put his hand on his knee. Karlson looked at him in shock, but this made him relax a bit, but he still felt uncomfortable next to him. The girls kept talking, mean about his friend so he decided to step in. "You're being fucking rude. If you don't know what she's going through then shut the fuck up." He spat to the girls, facing back to the stage to see Rue leaving it without saying anything. Karlson and Lexi followed her.

Rue went into the Bathroom and locked herself into the one of the toilet stalls. She pulled out a pack of pills she bought on the first day of school. When she was about to snort the blue powder, Lexi and Karlson knocked on the door where she was in. "Fuck.." Rue blew the crumbled pill away and flushed the bag of pills down the toilet. "Rue it's us." Lexi said worried but Rue was pissed. She opened the door, looked annoyed at them. "Are you okay?" Karlson asked calmly. "You both are so fucking stupid." Rue spat madly. "Why?" She passed them as she turned around. "Cause I already flushed everything down the fucking toilet." Karlson wasn't having Rues behavior right now. "Listen, we came to check on you! That's what friends do." "I don't want-, I don't want you guys to fucking check on me, okay! Whether I'm fine, or I'm not fine." Rue said upset. "What difference are you both gonna make? Are you going to give me some life advice? You gonna fucking help me?" The Bennett girl scoffed and walked away. "Well, you're, like one of my best friends." Lexi tried to make her understand. "Give me a fucking break. You think we're best firends, cause we went to fucking pre-school together? That dosen't make us, best fucking friends." Karlson got mad over the fact how Rue was treating Lexi right now. "You say all this, but what happen in three days, Rue! when you knock on my door asking me to piss in some Tylenol bottle?" Lexi finished his sentence. She looked at her friends. "What, you're gonna say the opposite?" Lexi scoffed. "Right, like, how we've known each other since pre-school and we're best friends?" "I don't know you well enough Rue but you shouldn't treat the people who care for you like shit. All this looks to me like you have a split personality disorder." The boy mingled himself into the conversation. "Sorry if I miss the old you." Rue didn't know what to say so she turned around and let the words of her friends sink. The Bennett girl asked to be left alone, which the both accepted it and left her alone.