Chapter 23

Siddharth: No I can't, if I did they may tell wrong information to my parents and bully me.

Jaijeet: How can you say that?

Siddharth: Because, remember once you were ill and you couldn't join me for cycling? So that day I met one of their school friends and went for some cycling and chatted. He told me about this happened with him. He said he broke friendship with them and as a result they bullied him and later told his family that he has a girlfriend, even though he did not have one.. His family was strict and always wanted him to study and so they grounded him for almost a month. And I don't want my parents to hate me for something I never did. (He let out a huge sigh)

Jaijeet: Okay let's end this topic here.

Siddharth: Yeah that would be better.

He said as he threw another stone, Jaijeet's followed his.

*Flashback ends*

Siddharth stood in front of his house hovering over the netted fence. He was looking up the starry moonlit night and was trying his best to hold back those tears which were threatening to leak out his eyes. He let out a gasp and gulped all the other flashbacks jamming his mind. He blinked his eyes a few times and took a deep breath. He went inside his house, directly to his room and latched the door. He opened one of the bottom drawer from his study table and took out a white diary. He sat on the chair and turned the pages of his diary.

26th March 2022,

Around 11:56 p.m.

Dear Diary,

People says everything happens for a reason. What was the reason behind me falling for Avneet? I have got nothing except her ignorance and our long lost broken friendship. I never had the courage to confess my feelings to her as I don't know if she likes me back or not.

You know in the fifth grade, it was the first time I hesitated to talk to her and maintain an eye contact. We were neighbours (we still are) and till class 5 classmates too so we used to share notes before the other even thinks to ask. We used to visit each other's house really frequently, we used to play badminton a lot (cause she preferred it over other sports). We were still good till 6th grade as we were at least friends, we still used to exchange few words. It was halfway through 6th when we distanced apart. I won't say she distanced or only I did, as we both were equally involved in it.

I have thousands of memories which makes me smile as well as breaks my heart at the same time. Now we are no less than strangers. And thrust me it hurts. I hate calling someone a stranger who had been my bestest friend once and a part of my life too. I won't blame anyone as it was my mind which accepted that I love her. You know sometimes I think that, can't a boy and girl be friends? Like if you are mature enough to know what's right and what's wrong then you could definitely ignore what other say about your bond, you simply won't care, but, a 10 year old is too innocent to make any such decision.

All I want to say is that, one should never fall for their best friend. It's the worst thing one can do because the other thinks of you as just a friend. A friendship between a boy and a girl is always more than friendship but less than relationship. Well, I guess i am being too much emotional right now, so let's say a bye.

I'll keep you updated.

Yours, Siddharth.

P.S. It was Avneet's habit of writing "I'll keep you updated" Crazy right? Haha.

To be continued...

What are your views on this story?

Stay tuned for the next chapter.