Chapter 26

He looked around and picked the top book from the pile of book and laid on the bed, reading it to keep his mind off. It didn't help at all and his mind was filled with thousands of flashbacks. He exhaled and closed the book and tossed it to the opposite corner of his bed. He slid his arms under his head and closed his eyes, trying to live one of the flashbacks.

*Flashback*

Siddharth's pov

Siddharth: Shit I am late! Shit shit shit.

I murmured to myself while I grabbed my wristwatch from the dressing table, took a quick glance at myself as I did so, and walked out of my house. I am going to the venue for Avneet's cousin's marriage. My parents already left because I said I had tuition and I might get late. Abhishek bhaiya is here to pick me up as I am not legal to drive yet and moreover, if I take a cycle then I would reach tomorrow. 

I quickly locked to door and left one of the keys under the carpet and pushed the other in my pocket. Outside, I found dada talking to someone (obviously it's di) while his legs gave all the support to the bike. He wore a dark blue kurta and jeans. 

I called him a few times so that he could cut the call and we could leave. But he is totally engrossed in his phone, am I invisible? Isn't my voice loud enough for him to hear me? I rolled my eyes and went to his free ear and

Siddharth: Boooo!

(Stay away from her she's my boo! Tf am I thinking)

He screamed and almost lost balance to the bike but fortunately controlled. He looked terrified and let me tell you, that was the funniest face he ever made. I laughed as he glared at me.

Abhishek: Done?

Siddharth: Done?

Abhishek: Are you done laughing?

Siddharth: Are you done talking to di?

That was when he realised the call timer was still running. He quickly held his phone to his ear so as to explain why he screamed and motioned me to hop on the bike. As I hoped on I could hear di laughing from the other end.

Great she understood and I am laughing again. Dada rolled his eyes.

Abhishek: Okay bye, I will be there in 20.

He said and cut the call. He pushed the phone in his pocket and started the bike. We reached there in around 30 minutes. I saw di standing at the door, welcoming the guests on behalf of dada. 

I gave her a quick high five and looked around for my parents. In a few minutes I found them and handed them the keys. I then took a coffee and sat on the chair beside Jijuu. No not dada, Jaijeet. He wore a purple shirt tucked smoothly in his black jeans. 

I looked around, hoping to see Avneet. I found her standing along with.. her cousins I guess, I never saw them before. She looked like she was thinking something deeply. then she turned and was walking somewhere absentmindedly. Wait, she is walking into the pillar. I looked around and found dada giggling with di and Shivangi di, the one who is getting married. I face palmed and approached Avneet. 

As I was almost there, I saw that dada saw Avneet and was running towards us, but if I stopped now then she might have already hit the pillar. What should I do? I hesitated a bit and then I quickly slid my arms around her waist and pulled her just before she hit it. Then I walked back to the direction I came from as I didn't want to face her. 

I turned and saw dada glaring me. I showed him all my teeth and sat beside Jai again. His face said he didn't notice whatever happened, but I can read him like an open book and so I know he did notice.

Pov ends

*Flashback ends*

He was staring at the ceiling, looking at particularly nothing. His face was flushed and grinning.

To be continued...

Stay tuned for the next chapter.