[Ch. 2] 16/06/12

SATURDAY 16TH JUNE

A series of beeps interrupted the setter's sleep. A grunt and sigh followed as he tried squinting his eyes closed, to block out the sun; it having filled the boy's room almost completely, with its gradual ascent.

The boy's phone now laid in a pool of light by the messy nightstand he had created with his late arrival the night before. He only remembered getting in and texting Sugawara about his and Hinata's return home.

Kageyama gave up trying to fall back to sleep when another sequence of notifications buzzed.

He grabbed his phone and sighed upon seeing the array of notifications, mostly from Hinata but one from his upperclassman. "I'm glad you two got home safe! I'm guessing you walked him home. Please text me again if anything happens!! And sleep well, Tobio." He smiled a little before opening the other messages groaning at the contact name Hinata had given himself.

Kageyama had made a mental note to not let Hinata touch his unlocked phone again after that incident.

     'Shōyō <3: KAAAAAAGGSSS'
     'Shōyō <3: Kageyama ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ'
     'Shōyō <3: wake up pls'
     'Shōyō <3: ill keep spamming you until you wake up.'
     'Shōyō <3: its like 9am i thought youd be up by now'

     'Me: What do you want?'

     'Shōyō <3: would you like to go shopping with me?'
     'Shōyō <3: im not taking no for an answer.'

     'Me: why ask then? and can you not just send your messages together instead of separately?'

     'Shōyō <3: no'
     'Shōyō <3: this is more fun'
     'Shōyō <3: adds suspense.'
     'Shōyō <3: you never know what imma say'
     'Shōyō <3: sooooo'
     'Shōyō <3: ya comin?'

     'Me: yeah wtv sure'

     'Shōyō <3: YAAY'
     'Shōyō <3: ill meet you at yours at like.. 10?'
     'Shōyō <3: idk how long you need (^-^)'

     'Me: yeah thats good, i need to shower first'

     'Shōyō <3: kk see you then kags <3'

Kageyama threw his phone near his legs, the cushioning of his covers softening its impact. He put his head back onto his pillow, his forearm instinctively covering his face blocking any and all light.

He had just under an hour to get ready.

He slid out of bed, his covers falling to the floor along with the phone that laid on it. He trudged his way to the bathroom, picking up the clothes he had thrown onto his chair the night before. He walked past the mirror not bothering to check how he looked as he slid his clothes off and got in the shower.

It was silent in the house, nothing but the sound of dripping water from the shower. It seemed like a ghost town.

The boy got out of the shower; a towel loosely hung around his waist. He walked into his room, a sigh escaping his lips once again. It was quiet. More so than usual.

He never realised just how different silence could sound.

He got dressed and made his way downstairs. He kicked a bag from the stairway into the back of the hallway, he didn't want to know what was in it nor how long it had been there. He tried to step over most of the random boxes and bags that laid on the floor, and walked into the kitchen.

Unsurprisingly to him, no one seemed to be around so he grabbed the small amount of money on the counter that had been left for him. It wasn't unusual for his parents to not be around during most of the day and it didn't bother him.