[Ch. 3] 17/06/12

SUNDAY 17TH JUNE

Kageyama pushed open his front door; light spilling into the dim hallway. Carefully, he stepped into the house looking around the place as he got up to his room. He grabbed the bag, that he had packed the night before, pulling it over his shoulder.
It was past noon by now, it was quiet; he was hoping that his family would have already left and it seemed they had. He thought for a minute then dropped his bag and shoved a pair of headphones and blanket inside.

He took his phone from his pocket to see it was around half-two, so he had more than enough time to get to the school before four. He put his phone on charge and left the room.
    He ran back down the stairs, to see Hinata stood by the door that Kageyama forgot to close, looking at his phone. Hinata had walked back with the setter to pick up his bag for the trip, them having already gone to Hinata's to do the same.

'Got everything?' The ginger asked, his face lighting up when he saw Kageyama.

'I'm going to take a shower, come in.'

'Are you sure?' Hinata asked before stepping into the house. 'Sorry to intrude.' He kicked his shoes off and walked up to the boy, meeting him at the top of the stairs.

'Yeah, you can sit in my room if you want. Just don't make a mess.' Kageyama replied, walking the other to his room. He grabbed his towel and left.

Hinata followed into the room and dropped his bag near Kageyama's. He looked around for a while, listening to the shower turn on and bathroom door to lock.

The boy's room was considerably cleaner than the rest of the house, Hinata thought. His desk had only a laptop and a few pen holders. He had a bookshelf lining the top half of the wall above the desk and Hinata giggled looking to see if he could recognise any of the books along the shelf.

He walked over to bed and sat down, pulling his legs up to sit cross-legged. He checked his phone, wanting to waste time and not snoop too much around the room.

He heard the shower turn off and the door to the bedroom open.

'Oh, you're fini--?' Hinata looked up from his phone.

'Yeah, I forgot to get a change of clothes, though.' Kageyama stood in his doorway; his towel hung around his waist, slightly agar. He walked past Hinata and toward his wardrobe.

A pair of eyes followed his every movement and trailed down his back.

Hinata couldn't help but stare. Sure, he'd seen Kageyama change in school before but something about him now had Hinata's attention captured, and he didn't mind.

'—if you want.' The ginger shook his head, the younger male's voice pulling him out of his mind.

'What was that..?' He spluttered looking back up to meet Kageyama's eyes.

'I said, you can take a shower if you want. Pay attention.' The setter rolled his eyes and pulled on a top, having already gotten half changed while Hinata was daydreaming.

'Oh. No, I'll be fine. Thanks, though.' Hinata smiled; his cheeks still dusted pink.

'Then, let's go.' Kageyama grabbed his phone and bag and walked out of the room, Hinata following.

He walked down the stairs picking up his jacket on his way out of his room, slipping his shoes and jacket on as he stepped out of the house.

'Are you okay?' The ginger asked, trying to put on his own shoes and catch up with Kageyama.