Chapter Two

***Tyrus's P.O.V****Back at the packhouse***

        I lept to my feet... Allison! I knew it was her I could pick her voice out of a busy mall in a few short seconds. I felt my heart stutter as my wolf woke up at the impending danger that his mate may be facing. I could feel my wolf become more restless as that scream seemed to tear its way through me entering my very core almost. I cast a quick anxious look towards Felix, Thaddeus and Alpha Rhodes before sprinting down the stairs, not caring if it would piss them off further. My mate was more important than any punishment they desired to enact upon me. As I reached the base of the stairs I was punched in the face practically with the most revolting stench I have ever smelt and I knew what had happened. I shot a panicked glance towards the second floor where the others remained, 'Thaddeus, I smell rogues. They must have breached the house's perimeter or they are close because that's all I smell. I'm going to lock the house down just in case.' I called out quickly as I let the change course through my veins, midnight black fur began to sprout all over my body, and the stench became stronger with the change. I gagged silently and shook my fur out giving my body some time to adjust to the new form. 'Allison gathers the pups and any female that hasn't been trained to defend themself and goes to the cellular now!' I commanded, while searching the main floor to see if any managed to get into the house itself or if they still remained outside the heavy oak doors, while she quickly got to work gathering up all the young children and those who hadn't started training yet.

        Three more wolves emerged from upstairs, I could tell them apart with Thaddeus's sterling gray wolf that had a large charcoal splotch that feathered its way along his spine and a snowy white thin stripe wrapping around his muzzle, then there was Felix with his pure snow white wolf with a few dark smokey gray patches around his toes, and lastly I am assuming the massive jet black wolf with small silver patches peeking through depending on how the light shone on his coat was to be Alpha Rhodes. We slowly crept out of the house, with quite a few warriors trailing behind us, while watching the treeline carefully. I let out a small sigh of relief as I heard the lock slide shut on that heavy oak door and then the louder click of the second door which led to the cellar as it sealed tightly until the code was entered from the inside. We split up into teams with a few warriors per wolf. I had about two following me, Derek had about three, Thaddeus had about four and Felix had four while the remaining warriors broke off and went in the opposite direction to search around the otherside of the house. With all corners of the house covered we advanced towards the shadowy woods, which worked against us in concealing the enemy that was a foot. It wasn't long after we stepped into the treeline until we found the meager grouping of rogues of around twenty that had no doubt slipped through the ranks of wolves that were already out there. Concern bloomed within my heart once more but dissipated quickly when one launched itself at me.

           I let loose a growl dodging the flying ball of fur and fangs with the initial attack. The wolves behind me flanked out clearly ready to start this encounter. I could hear one of the wolves behind me grappling with the rogue that leapt towards me. A sharp whine was all that was heard until the night fell into silence again. I watched as the beady little eyes of the rogues all turned towards me. I braced myself for another wolf to attack as Felix and the others came over to join me but right as the next wolf leapt at me it was blocked by a wolf; smokey gray with sable black markings, Aisling. I blanched for a second. I didn't believe what I was seeing, she was supposed to be with Rae, they left over four hours ago......dread flooded through my being. If she was here then I couldn't bear to think of what must have happened to the others. We all felt the loss of the wolves who had fallen on the battlefield and I couldn't feel Raelynn anymore, or reach her with a mindlink. Without missing a beat we joined Aisling to fend off the stragglers that had slipped through, tearing through the rogues quenched my bloodlust while dulling some of the worry that surrounded my heart With the eighteen of us and twenty of them, well the rogues had no chance of success. Fighting in a pack had its benefits, for one we were all trained extremely well, secondly we were intune with each other and thirdly we worked cohesively as a team. Rogues always failed when fighting in groups due to their own arrogance or greed, they rarely ever worked well as a team. As we were dealing with them I caught the sight of a younger wolf backing away from the fighting and I threw a quick look at Thaddeus to see if he noticed.