1 - Meeting Marcos

Just like every other morning i woke up early. Before the sun even set, I could hear the birds chirping loudly even though my room was filled with nothing but darkness.

I cheered myself up and hoped to avoid any of my family members or satans. I quickly showered in one of the bathrooms and changed into some loosed fitting sweats and t shirt.

I wore lip balm and a little mascara. I do not wear makeup usually. Unless, I had to cover the bruises. However, Myra bought me this mascara and said it was for my beautiful lashes. Any little reminder of her.

I quickly rushed out of the house without any breakfast or money for food. I knew they would not give me. It was better to starve.

The bus was very empty.  As I recalled what John told me yesterday. This school was for the rich people who probably owned their own cars. Who would ride to school in a bus?

Even though I was sad that no one would drive me. I felt so alone. Like I had no one. I just pushed that thought to the back of my mind. No one needs to know I'm depressed.

After a few minutes, I notices the big school sign board at the entrance. I widened my eyes at how huge the school looked. Omg. This was a freaking queens castle. It looked so beautiful and grand.

I saw many students wearing uniforms entering the big gates. I loved the blue colour on the Uniform. It was my favourite.

Why did no one tell me we needed uniforms?

Right on cue, I saw a familiar looking car pull up beside me.

The windows rolled down smoothly. John's big head was out. His face looked unpleasant.

"If I hear any complains from Chloe, I will end your education and your life" He threatened.

I rolled my eyes. Thank god we were on school grounds.

He throwed me a set of uniform and a name tag.

"Don't lose this bitch" before he drove away.

I walked into the school searching for any signs to the office. I looked to see if I could ask anybody for help.

I saw this girl standing by herself with her head in the locker. I approached her slowly.

"Excuse me" I called to her.

She turned around surprised. As though she was caught up in some illegal act.

She looked at me up and down and breathed out in relief. "Who are you?"

"I'm new here." I started.

"New student? We don't get many new students here." She said.

"Oh, I was just wondering how to get to the office?" I asked nicely.

She smiled brightly. "Sure, Your pretty, I'll help you." She took my hand and pulled me with her. Okay I guess we are going then.

I could feel the stares from everyone as I walked past the crowded hallways. Is it her or me? Someone even whistled.

"Ignore them, they're curious"

She walked a bit further. "This place is so pretty." I muttered as I saw how big each hallway looked. I couldn't imagine how the classroom was going to look like.

She giggled. "It's the best school in the country. Obviously."

She turned to me again. "We're here"

"Okay thanks bye.."

"I'm Mia, ill wait outside unless you know how to go to your class?" She asked.

Thank god. There's no way I would be able to find any place here.