Wyndon

I take the train all the way to Wyndon, buzzing with nerves and excitement. Lucario travels along at my side, eager to see the end of our journey through. As soon as I step off the train, my phone lights up with a text.

Meet me at Rose Tower.

I turn my phone off, stashing it away.

"So you can lock me up and start the Darkest Day right now? No thanks." I head to the Pokémon Center and stock up on Revives, Potions, and Elixirs. When I feel sufficiently prepared, I make my way to the Stadium. I find a crowd at the base of the steps, and brace myself, expecting to be swarmed. My eyes widen when they don't pay me a shred of attention.

"Huh?" I push my way through the crowd and see Ash decked out in his Champion's attire. Leon stands by his side, every bit the proud mentor. Ash plays to the crowd.

"The time is here, everyone. Make sure to grab some snacks because this year's Champion Cup is sure to be unforgettable." I roll my eyes.

"You and your stomach." Leon's gaze flits over the crowd before settling on me.

"Sapphire. There's the Challenger of the year." I blush, embarrassed.

"I'm just one of many Challengers." Leon shakes his head.

"Only four Challengers made it to the Semi-Finals. That's no small feat." A microphone gets shoved in my face. A reporter with blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail speaks excitedly.

"Everyone has been buzzing about the battle between you and your brother. Do you think you have a chance even though you lost your last battle?" I bite my lip.

"I've gone through a lot since then, and both my heart and resolve have strengthened." I glance at Lucario, affection shining in my eyes.

"Lucario and I started our journey together, and today that journey comes to a close. Whether we come out as Galarian Champions or not is up to fate to decide." I pull my brother into a hug.

"Just be prepared for the fiercest battle you will ever partake in. I'm coming for your title, big bro!" He ruffles my hair.

"I'm not gonna make it easy on ya." Pikachu leaps from his shoulder to mine. Pikachu head butts me affectionately. His electricity sacs graze my skin, and I scream as white hot electricity surges through me.

"AIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!" I crumple to the ground as everyone laughs around me. Lucario glares at Pikachu.

"Cari! Lucario!" I grab Lucario's ankle before he lunges at Pikachu.

"I'm fine. Just give me a.. hngh.. minute." Ash helps me onto my feet.

"Let's get you signed up." He leads me to the counter, and I hand over my Badges.

"Challenger 313 here to register for the Semi-Finals." He examines my badges before handing them over.

"Change into your uniform and head to the locker room." When I finish changing, Lucario and I study the battle chart.

"Looks like we're battling... Kasumi of the Hoenn region." I hear a voice behind me.

"So you're Sapphire." I turn around.

"Yeah. It's nice to meet you!" I hold my hand out.

"You must be Kasumi." She sneers at me.

"I'm the Champion of both Hoenn and Sinnoh, and I will become Champion of Galar." I smile.

"That's a tall order. My brother is super tough." She rolls her eyes.

"Tough for you maybe. I've battled two Champions and beat them easily. You and your brother will be no issue." I scowl, offended.