XIII- October 31 (part 1)

I drove as fast as I could. Even though I was moving, it felt like my body was left behind. I couldn't think, couldn't feel; it was like I wasn't totally there. The only thing on my mind was getting to the destination.

I swerved between cars and ran every red light. The sound of angry drivers honking filled the streets, but that didn't make me slow down. I couldn't think; I just acted, and I drove into the junkyard; the sound of my loud engine attracted attention.

"Y/N!?!" I heard Takemichi say, but I could see him in the wave of people.

I was about to run into the crowd find to find Mikey for an explanation, but I needed to assess the situation. I shouldn't act irrationally; people die like that. My eyes darted to everyone's faces trying to find Mikey. I couldn't find him! I spotted Ran chuckling; I walked up to him, angry.

"Oh? So you made it, good." He said with a smile that would typically make me uneasy, but I was too angry to acknowledge it.

"Where is he?" I said

"Where is who?" He said with a grin.

" Don't fuck around. Where's Mikey!"

"Watch your mouth," Rindo said.

Ran, still smiling with malice, says, "seems you're too late." He points at Mikey on top of car piles. Two guys jump on him, holding him still while Kazutora swung at him with a metal pipe, causing Mikey to drop to his knees.

"MIKEY!" Draken yells, and everyone stops fighting for a second.

Shit! That was the only thing I could say. I don't know why. It's not as if I cared about him. Why should I care if he lives or dies? That said, I would prefer him alive. If I'm going to get an advantage in his world, my best bet is teaming up with Toman. All the other gangs I work with are loose fucking canons. That being said, I need to play my part in this fight as an ally.

"Looks like Valhalla wins," Kazutora said.

Just as he said that a slight moan could be heard from Mikey as he tried standing up, bleeding from his head.

"Just answer me one question, Kazutora," Mikey said.

"Huh," Kazutora replied.

"Do you really believe it? Do you really think that I'm your enemy," Mikey questioned.

A long pause echoed through the air.

"I suffered because of you and the things you did. I spent two years in juvie because of you," Kazutora's face turned into one of pain.

"Huh, the hell are you even talking about," Mikey said, confused.

"Of course, you're my enemy! I'm going to eliminate everything that stands in my way; did you know, Mikey, that if a person kills someone, they're a villain, but if someone kills their enemy, they're a hero."

This guy has definitely fucking lost it. Without a second thought, I ran up to the pile of cars where Mikey is and start climbing.

"Y/N, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Takemichi yelled.

"What does it look like I'm doing! I'm trying to save Mikey's ass!" I yelled back.

"IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!"

Is that what he thought when he decided not to tell me about this fight! Is that what everyone was thinking! That I'm just this weak, defenseless little girl that has no place in a business like this. Please, I've earned my stay.

I tried to climb the cars quickly, but the structure was so unstable that I slipped. Luckily I managed to catch myself. Even though it'd take longer, I should climb slowly, so I don't get hurt and just be the burden they expected me to be.