Chapter Four

Both Katya and Lena were dumbfounded. They were both shocked into silence, mouths' wide open as they watched the couple stroll through the park together. Their eyes glued to the scene as if they couldn't believe what was happening. Katya tried to get a glimpse of the woman that Ollie was walking with but all that she could make out was that she was a little taller than herself. With shoulder length brunette hair, most of it covered by an oversized floral sun hat that matched her knee length summer dress stretched over her at least 6 month pregnant belly.

"Jesus, Katya. What do you want to do?" Lena asked putting a protective arm around her best friend. Katya's initial confusion subsided into embarrassment and almost immediately turned to rage. She felt hot tears welling up in her eyes as she scrambled to gather her belongings into the tote bag she had been carrying. She knew it had been too good to be true.

"I just want to go home, I really do not want to be here at all." Katya whispered. She didn't want to raise her voice any louder as she could feel that if she spoke again she would burst into floods of tears. Lena picked up her phone and snapped a photo. 

"There we go, let's go home and when you want to confront the pig he won't be able to deny it."

Katya was so pleased that she had Lena. She was fiercely loyal and extremely outspoken, Katya was grateful and a little surprised that Lena hadn't marched straight to Ollie and decked him in the face as she didn't think that she could deal with any more embarrassment.

The duo strolled somberly out of the park just as the wind picked up as if the weather sensed the shift in events. They walked home arm in arm silently for the 10 minutes it took to get home until they got to Katya's front door. 

"Do you want me to stay or would you prefer to be alone?" Lena asked.

"Please stay. I really don't want to be on my own right now." Katya sniffed as she unlocked the front door. The girls walked in one after the other, gathered all of the blankets in the room together and crawled into bed.

"I didn't think he'd do that to me, I had no reason to not trust him." Katya sniffed.

"But do you think it was a girlfriend? Could it have been a sister or friend?" Lena asked not convincingly at all. 

"Did you see him, his hand was pretty much resting on her arse. There's no way that was a friend and if it was a sister I'd be a bit concerned." 

"Yeah I think you're right." Lena chuckled. "Incest probably beats cheating on the morally wrong scale. so what do you want to do now then? confront him?"

Katya's heart sank. She wanted more than anything to phone Ollie up straight away and scream and cry down the phone but that'd make everything real. As much as she hated Ollie the idea of him not being around made the hole in her heart feel 10x bigger. There was a lump in her throat that no amount of swallowing could get rid of. 

"I think I need to sleep first and assess the situation in the morning." Katya responded. Suddenly she felt a tiredness engulf her body and all she wanted was to be go to sleep. Lena turned the TV on and they watched their favorite sitcom that Katya had seen multiple times, she was grateful for the familiarity and instantly felt comfortable and drowsy. So much so that she barely noticed her phone vibrating in her bag as she fell into a deep dreamless sleep.